Monday, February 11, 2008

Really long today

I have the sneakiest, most conniving, most underhanded friends in the entire world. And I love them all the more for it.

Saturday night as you all know, we were going to Michelle's. Just for the normal poker night, hang out night, normal Saturday night. With a cake thrown in for my birthday. I called and asked if she wanted me to bring some chicken and tatoes instead of buying anything and she said sure. (I want my chicken back!!) I took a shower (THANK GOD) and got dressed in my normal Sat. attire. baggy sweats, slippers, a long sleave t-shirt and no bra. Nice and comfy. I walk down stairs and my husband is wearing dress pants, dress shoes and a nice shirt. Uhm, WTF? He's like, my jeans are all dirty. Wear sweats!. No, I don't wanna. This is fine. Now, my husband never really gets to dress nice, so on occasion he'll throw on something nice. So I really didn't think too much of it.

We get in the car and he pulls out his phone and is texting someone. I'm like, who you talking too. My husband is a horrible liar. He just gives me this smirk and is like, No one. I said, Uhm.. is something going on? Do we need to turn around so I can change? Or at least put on a bra? He said NO! Ok. whatever.

We pull up to Shelly's and I counted cars and it looked normal. Nothing out of the ordinary. Until John texts to say we're out front. hmm. ok. Then I see Shell run to the window. Hello, it's me. It's nothing fantastic. I'm here all the time. Glad you're excited to see me. LOL Dork.

So we go in. Say hello, blah blah blah. She says ok, get in the kitchen, we're starving. Ok. I walk in and look to my right and low and behold BETH IS STANDING THERE!! OMG OMG. I think I screamed and hugged her for like 10 min. I very rarely get to see her. I was so excited. Then I hear SURPRISE!! HUH?? what? Shell says, ok, so we don't need the chicken. HA They had all kinds of food and snacky stuff. They had planned a party behind my back!! I had no clue. Which means they did a really good job. Considering I'm really good at finding out secrets. Everyone kept their mouths shut for 2 WEEKS!! I'm really impressed.

Bethy was there, and Donna came later and I had a ton of well wishers who wanted to come but couldn't. It was totaly unexpected. I have more friends then I thought. LOL Although, someone could have told me to put on a freaking BRA!!! Jeeze! I borrowed clothes so it was ok, except that my boobs were in a shirt that was too small and they were trying to escape all night. LOL

My wonderful friend Donna gave me the Josh Groban Christmas CD that was actually my Christmas present. And THEN she gave me my birthday present!!! She got me a reading with my favorite psychic!! I'm calling today to book the appointment. AAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhh I love her.

Then Michelle rushed everyone to do the cake. I'm like, ok, it's really alright. LOL NO hurry. But about a millisecond after I blew out my candles she was slamming my presents down next to me saying "OPEN IT NOW IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS" Hee hee hee. She was REALLY excited about my present. Ok, Ok. I open the card to find all my favorite people in it. Family and friends all saying their best wishes. And as it turned out, who all contributed to my gift. I opened my present... and HOLY CRAP. I tried really hard not to say HOLY SHIT with the children in the room.

It seems that my bestest friend took my blog update email list and sent you all an email asking if you wanted to come to the party and/or chip into the gift. Sneaky bastards!

My wonderful, fabulous friends and family all chipped in to by me the Sony Reader. I LOVE this thing. Tim has one and I've been telling him to remember me as soon as he gets board of it. I wanted that thing so bad but knew that it was completely unattainable because it was atrosiously expensive. For those of you that don't know, it's a little hand held thing. Kind of like a palm pilot but about the size of a paperback book (just really thin). You can download hundreds of books on to it and read to your hearts content. Personally, I can read between 2-3 books a week. And that's a lot of clutter when you think about it. This way, it's all neet and convienent in this little book. I'm in love!! Thank you Thank you Thank you. To the following:

Rich - I love you so much. I wish you could have been there (don't you know I'm more important then out of town guests!) You're such a great friend. I'm so glad we've stayed in touch all these years.

SUSANNA!! - I can not believe you! I miss you guys so much. I swear one of these days we're gonna finally take a vacation and come see you. I was actually looking at the pictures the other day from our snow tubing. That was so much fun. And my husband has become less of an ass since then!! lol Thank you so much for being a part of my birthday even from 500 miles away. Love you!

Mommy - You know I love you and you're the best. I wish you could have been there too, but I'm glad you had a good time on your night out. You rock.

Joanne - Thank you my sister. I wish you were there, but I wouldn't have turned down a weekend at Ceasars either! I'm glad you had a great time. I love you man!

Aunt Irene - I ate and drank for you. No worries. I can't wait to come see you! Love you so much. Thank you for being a part of my life and keeping that side of my family with me.

Mark - You're such an awesome guy. Thanks for liking us. Although, I wish you were at the party, I'll catch ya next time. Give Gretchen a hug for me.

Laura - My dear sweet cousin. I'm so glad you've come back into my life. I'm thrilled that we've gotten to re-connect. It's scary that we have so much in common, but I love it.

Margaret - What can I say about you? That I love you. That you always tell me how wonderful I am and you believe it even if I don't. You're always there even if I'm not. I thank you so much. Thank you for being my friend, my mentor, my sister.

Chris - My dear sweet friend Chris. I wish you could have been there. But you know I understand. Thank you so much for being a great friend. You've always been open and honest with me which means a lot. We are gonna bust you out of that hole you live in and bring you out into the sunshine. And just remember, I'll always like you more than John. LOL

Bethy-la - You are so awesome. I'm so glad you could tear yourself away from all your work and your CPA studies to hang out with me. (Everyone cross your fingers that she passes the next examine so she can have a break!) And just remember, you have an open invitation for Saturday nights. Luv ya!

Eric & Liz - thank you so much for the extra gift so I can fill up my book. I would have just been reading the classics for quite a while. I can't wait to shop! I really appreciate it and I'm glad that you guys came to play.

Shelly, Tim and your fabo kids - You know how much I love you guys. I think I've told you over and over, but I'll say it again. You are our best friends. You keep me sane, you put up with my husband (even though he's tollerable now) and you keep us around. It means a lot to me. Thank you for being you. (Tim, I promise to try my best to hold my tongue about that thing that you hate me to talk about from now on. But I can't guarentee it since I always try to tell the truth and say what's on my mind. But that's why you love me. Love you man!)

John - I love you. I don't know what's been going on with us lately, but whatever it is, we need to keep it up. It's just been fabulous. Thank you for planning this party with all my friends.

I just want to tell all of you, the book is amazing!! Truly amazing. But knowing that I have this many friends and that you all wanted, "wanted" to chip in to get it for me means more to me than the gift itself. I thank you and I love you all more than words can say.

And now for my top 10 thoughts of the day:

1. Never pee into the wind

2. Cutting your nails before playing Egyptian Rat screw is politically correct.

3. If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

4. A picture is worth a thousand words, especially if you're naked in it.

5. Try to never whisper to a friend of mine about me, at a table that's filled with my friends. Cause even though you think the others are drunk and won't hear... they aren't and they will. I promise you that I will not take as much offence as everyone else. Hell, you probably could say crap about me, directly too my face and I would laugh. But the others get pretty upset about it.

6. Virginity like a bubble, one prick, all gone

7. Everybody is somebody else's weirdo

8. Incoming fire has the right of way.

9. To be loved is to be fortunate, but to be hated is to achieve distinction. (I like that one)

10. If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Last but not least.. My wonderful group of friends have all decided to quit smoking. Oh Lordy. Today is our first day and we have penalties in place. The first of us that cheats must pay the rest $2. It doubles for the next cheat or cheater. So far so good for me. We are poor and I have NO intention of having to pay out. To keep us all honest, here are the list of players:

Me
John
Michelle
Tim
Eric
Liz - starting next week
Jocelyn

If you would like to join our little wager, please let me know. We are on the honor system and we expect you to stick to it!!

Ok, now that it took me forever to write this, I have to get some work done. Love you all and have a great day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so great to see you Saturday night. I'm so glad I went and met all your wonderful friends. I'm planning to join a poker and board games night in March sometime (after my next exam). I'll give you a call or email to try to figure out a date...Looking forward to seeing you then!

P.S. what's your personal email address now that you're going to be working from home?

Anonymous said...

You are worth every penny, every calorie of eaten cake, every lung-full of cigarette smoke, and every broken knuckle from Egyptian card games. Tons of love and kisses, I'm honored to be your friend - but not the Bestest Friend -- I DO know the limits!!!

Donna

Mira said...

I'm thankful that your friends are sneaky enough to figure out a way to include me!! Happy Dirt-day as Garrick would say. I love you. As to our commonalities... I try not to think too hard about those. I hate the idea that our DNA matters so much. I'm under the delusion that I have control over my life and my destiny. Don't confuse me with the facts damn it!

Anonymous said...

Hi. sounds like you had a great time. You sure have a lot of friends and you told your Mother you have no friends. You forgot to look around you have more than me lol. Glad to hear you so happy that makes me Happy Love your favorite Mom