Tuesday, February 26, 2008

It's the first Michelleless day. ho hum This morning I was like, oh I gotta call Shell and tell her ... oh no, I can't. WWWhhhhhaaaaaaaaa.

I'm stealing from a couple other blogs today. First, I'm attaching a link to my friend Leigh's site. She is the one who had little Charlie premature and they struggled with him. Good news is he's doing fantastic (knock on wood). I'm attaching a link of a video of him watching his mobile. He just looks wonderful.
http://www.totsites.com/tot/babystulack/movies/14065

Second, I'm stealing a paragraph from my cousins blog (Oh, Laura, by the way, hope you don't mind lol) Laura is very well spoken and whenever I read something she writes, I feel proud to be related to someone so intelligent and that has such a grasp on things (even if you think you don't) She's been going through a rough emotional patch lately and set a couple goals for herself to get back under control. We have been out of touch for about 25 years, but upon reconnection, we realized that it's like we are one. We have so much in common that it's scary. I read this today and felt like I wrote it. (Although she says it much more eloquently.)

A: Go with the flow. Stop trying to control the waves of the ocean so that I can float above them rather than feeling like I'm drowning.

B: In that vein try to stop boxing up the people and situations in my life. I KNOW that life is complex, full of color and contrast, and people and situations are not 2 dimensional but rather infinitely dimensional, but it so much easier when I can take complex life circumstances and fit them in nice neat bite size categories. Right now it's like life and people are conspiring to make this virtually impossible for me. Since I don't believe in coincidence I know there is a lesson I have to learn here. I just don't know how to learn it. But, I'm going to try. If I always do my best, I can wake up every morning and look at myself in the mirror every day. I suspect my best isn't going to be good enough here. But, that doesn't mean the process isn't worth going through.

Is she an amazing woman or what? I think we all try to do that. This is what I have and what I want, now NOTHING is allowed to change. You all stay in these little glass boxes forever. There will be no growing, no changing, no moving on. But eventually, life changes. It's an endless flow of changes and like she said, we either go with the flow, or drown.

Some amazing changes have been happening in my life lately. 90% of them are really good. I waiting for the other shoe to drop because it always does. But, MY goal is to not focus on that shoe. Why sit in anticipation of that thud instead of having a really good time hopping on one foot like a little kid.

So to all my friends out there.... may you always be able to stay afloat with one shoe on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I try to stay afloat with one shoe on but usually someone ties a cinderblock to my other ankle... haha. I miss Shelly. I'm going to have to write down things I want to say to her so that I don't forget. waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh. I am pretty busy all week, so that's good.. Lot's of dates. jk guess I might be seeing you around :p Hope you enjoyed dinner

outernet2 said...

i find that water wings always aid in the staying afloat department ;-)

Anonymous said...

Yo - it's Margaret, not anonymous. Just don't want to take a sec and open an account...

OK, I hate to sound all new-agey or whatever, but the other shoe only drops if you make it drop. Expect it to drop and it will. Like attracts like - what you focus on only makes it bigger. So why expect the other shoe to drop at all? I am living an amazing life because I refused to waste any more time on Bull**it. I am not living penny to penny anymore because I made the decision not to live in lack ANY MORE!!! I say it every morning and evening, and it's totally astounding that it WORKS: "Abundance is flowing towards me and my family as easily as I breathe." The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Like attracts like. Universal law of physics. If you want to change your life, you have to *CHANGE YOUR LIFE!* It is as EASY as that!

It breaks my heart that so many people believe they are a victim of their circumstances - YOU AREN'T. TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR DESTINY or you will just bob along someone *else's* current for the rest of your LIFE, with no one to blame BUT yourself. YOU have the power to make your life what you want it to be, you just have to decide that your life, your DREAMS, are worth the effort of change.

I hope this helps - I wouldn't be so passionate about it if I couldn't SHOW you the change in my own life once I let go of the cynicism and bull**it. That crap takes too much energy, and for what? Nada. Misery. Frustration. Feelings of helplessness. You aren't helpless! You are an amazing, strong, powerful, gorgeous, sensitive, courageous pillar of determination! A she-wolf when it comes to her kids. Why not be a she-wolf for YOUR life AND theirs??? I'm not saying you have to do what I do, but MAKE THE DECISION to change your life and you WILL. CHANGE. YOUR. LIFE.

What if I'm right? What if making that decision and doing something about it ACTUALLY changed your life? Are you going to spend the rest of your life WONDERING if I know what I'm talking about? Go ahead - Prove me wrong! DARE YOU! I love you too much NOT to dare you!

Ok. Stepping off soapbox now.
::bow::

Love you.

Mira said...

Okay so how come that sounds so much wiser when I read it in YOUR blog? "Things that make you go..hmmmmm...."
Glad someone thinks I'm wise. Most of the time I feel just this side of blithering idiot. Any day I can put two coherent words together is a good day.