Friday, February 15, 2008

My evening was pretty eventful. And not in that, Oh how romantic way.

I had to stop at the store for my valentine's dinner, which I swore I was not cooking. I went to the store so we didn't spend a lot of money going out to eat and I ended up spending more. I did have to buy other stuff like cake mix for the bear and bread, eggs, milk, all that jazz.

Needless to say, the kids were on MAJOR sugar highs. I was about ready to cry in the store. I wanted to kill them both. I'm sending notes to both their teachers informing them that the next time the load my kids with sugar, they're taking them home. Then we got home and John was sleeping. The kids started to destroy the house while I brought in all the stuff. At this point, my mood had gone to the pits. I didn't want to wake up John cause I knew he was really tired and had a lot of trouble getting to sleep, so of course, I cooked dinner.

Then the stupid fire wouldn't light. So I'm now blind and have major lung damage from smoke inhalation from blowing on that thing for like a 1/2 hour.

Fast forward to 8pm. Ok, bed time YAYAY uhm Nick, did you do your homework? No. CRAP, go do your homework!! So he's in there doing it and Calli says, Can I have a piece of my candy before I go to bed. Sure, one tiny piece. I pull down the bowl to empty their candy in and Calli finds one of those squishy things in it. Remember these things? You squeeze it and it slips out of your hand? Yeah, well.....

They also EXPLODE!! So now Calli is crying covered in mess as is the floor and table. Nick is screaming hysterically (A.S. over-reaction) . So I'm telling her to get in the bathroom, Nick to shut up and get over it, grabbing towels to clean the mess and trying to keep the cats and dog away from it. Finish that, run in the bathroom, throw her in the tub and try to wash her as quickly as possible because she was already having a reaction to whatever the hell is in that thing. Calli has a weird skin condition where even the slightest thing will leave welts on her face. Her face was bright red, so I scrubbed really good. She was fine this morning. Ok, finally, got them in bed.

Now for the cake. I started that right after Survivor (that I missed 90% of). I am going to admit now that I had a complete Blonde Moment last night. I wasn't thinking clearly, I was just trying to get it done. I put the cake form together, no problem. Mixed the batter, easy peasy. Poured it in the form, a bit of a pain, but ok. Looked at it and said, wow, this takes a lot of batter. I'm gonna have to do another batch. Mix that up, pour it in. Good, filled, perfect. Put it in the oven, set the timer and waited.

Uhm.... did you know that cakes rise?


So, I'm like, ok, no biggie, we'll just pull all this stuff off (yummy snack). I let it cool and then went in for the unveiling. I opened it up, and the poor bear was headless. The butt section (which is at the top in that picture) was cooked perfect. The head... goo. I guess it would have worked really well if I only used ONE cake mix. Oh boy. Shop Rite, here we come!

So, anyway, buy the time that was done, it was 11:30, I was exhausted and my poor hubby didn't get any Valentine's nookie. Sorry babe.

Tomorrow - Come between 2:30 -3. We'll have snacky food for everyone. And I'm assuming that it will become game night? Let me know if that's not the case. But I figure, since everyone will be there already... Oh, and if you need directions, email me at flutterbyheaven@gmail.com.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Girlie,

I just wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Calli, since we won't be there to celebrate with you tomorrow. I wish we could get there but a LOT of things have happened this week and not all of them good, so I have to take care of them. Love you all! See you this coming weekend!!