Monday, February 4, 2008

I stayed up till midnight for a BROKEN TOE??? Are you kidding me???

Needless to say, we went to Shell's on Saturday and didn't get to bed until 5am. The kids forced me up at 9:30. Mamma wasn't a happy camper. I did get to take a nap in the afternoon, but still felt like I was hit by a truck.

* Side note* Why is it that I can get completely wasted and stay up to stupid hours and then wake up the next day feeling great. But if I just stay up to stupid hours and don't drink... I feel like I drank all night? Huh? WTF

Anyway, we went to Joanne's (sis) for the "Big Game" Normally I am not a football fan, but we were raised on the Giants and if they get to the Super Bowl, it's a big deal. My sister is still a huge fan. She watches every game. I'm one of those folks who only watch the commercials cause they are way cooler. But this year I actually watched the entire game. And Hot Damn, what a game. To pull it out in the last freaking 35 seconds is unbelievable!! GO GIANTS!

Ok, back to the toe. They kept showing the commercial for the House episode that was going to come on right after the game. Well, of course "right after the game" didn't turn out to be until a little after 11pm. So, I stayed up to watch it. I usually don't watch that show, but it was really good. It was actually really funny. BUT!! To go through all that.. to have a collapsed lung, swollen nodes, a freaking hole drilled in your brain and it turn out to be nothing more then a freaking broken toe!! SO not worth staying up until midnight. Because the truck has hit me again. My entire house will be in bed by 7pm. Calli didn't go to sleep till 10:30. I warned her day care to look out for the monster cause it was rearing it's ugly head this morning.

So my birthday is Thursday. Ho hum. Another year older, another 5 pounds (cough-yeah right-cough) heavier, and still deep in debt. Oh joy of joys. Shelly asked me what I wanted for my birthday. I realized... I don't ever want anything. Not anything normal anyway. Maid service, $10 million, wood to last us through the rest of the winter, a trip to my psychic, an entire new wardrobe (mine makes me feel really old), all my bills paid, a new bed, to magically loose 75 pounds overnight. LOL Ok, so realistically, there's really nothing that I want or need. (That would be just for me at least). I guess it's because my memory sucks. I see things that I "want" and then by the next day, I forget. I got my Garth CD and the new Harry Potter for Christmas. That's all I really wanted. I would like an upgrade on my diamond earrings to a 1/2 carat, but that'll have to wait cause we can't afford it. But other than that.. nada

So, if anyone wants to give me something... give me time with you. We don't get enough of that these days. Gifts are fine, but they don't last. Memories last a lifetime (unless your me and forget everything, but we can take pics which will help me remember.) I want my friends and family around me laughing and having a great time. That's what I want for my birthday. Oh, and throw in some great nookie for good measure. hee hee

2 comments:

Shell said...

Warn a woman before she reads your blog that you are going to spill the beans on a favorite tv show that she tivo'd.

Up till 5am and you still stink at Egyptian Rat Screw..hehehe

Mira said...

Yeah well I'm glad you got to see it. I tivo'd it and the tivo had it scheduled from time A until time B... unfortunately the game caused it to be from time A.5-B.5. Which means I got to watch HALF of it. Oh and I hurt my arse yesterday and wound up in the hospital on happy drugs. So I missed the game. I'm a Charger fan so I didn't care if the Giants won... I just wanted the Patriots to LOSE!!!!!!! I'm so happy to hear about Joanne. That really is a miracle. So did she and House hook up at the very least????