Thursday, January 17, 2008

Oh, here's a good one today!!

John called yesterday and said that DYFS (Division of Youth and Family Services) was at the house. WHAT??? WHY???

Turns out someone made a report that John was beating me. LOLOL ROFLMAO I still can't stop laughing about that. They talked to Nick at school in the morning and I talked to him when he got home.

Me: Nick, did you tell her that Daddy hits Mommy?
him: Yup
me: Nick, when have you ever seen Daddy hit Mommy?
him: Oh when you guys are wrestling on the couch or Daddy sprays you with the hose.
me: You mean when we're playing?
him: Yeah
me: Ok, Nick, the hitting that they are talking about is bad hitting. Like Daddy hitting me so hard that he hurt me. And doing it out of anger, not playing. Have you ever seen Daddy do that?
him: No
me: Ok, so do you understand the difference?
him: Yes
me: Good

Crisis over. Because of Nick's autism, his perspective of things is VERY skewed. He has a lot of trouble separating between fantasy and reality. Everything is black and white, there is no in between. Like, hitting is hitting, whether playing or beating. Oh, the other night we were watching a show and they showed worms having sex. It looked like they were kissing. Nick kissed me and then looked at John and said, I just had sex with mom. Hmm, no. You kiss when you have sex hence kissing IS sex. Get it? Exactly. (that was an interesting conversation, trying to explain that kissing is not sex without explaining what sex is.)

The girl couldn't tell us who called it in, but I'm assuming it was probably the counselor at Nick's school. Nick probably said something about it and he called them. I told the chick, Trust me, if he ever laid hand on me... he wouldn't be standing in the kitchen... he wouldn't be standing at all!

My friend said... Have these people ever met you? Cause if there was a report made, I would think it was cause you were beating him. LOL They know me too well. And no, I don't beat my husband... although maybe that would work???

So needless to say it was a very interesting evening. Can I please get a break? Someone, anyone? My life is just WAY too insane. What's it like to live a nice, normal, quite life??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,there is no such thing as a normal, quiet, life! Hell it wouldnt be call life if we didnt have it. Other wise we would all still be slumbering it that so called world. You gotta pull those reins a little harder!

Anonymous said...

maybe you should beat him, He might like it and whip into shape.

;P LOL