Monday, January 7, 2008

Ahhh, the joys of Mondays. Calli climbed into bed with me sometime in the middle of the night saying her tummy hurt. I had no idea where John was (on the couch as usual). Luckily there was no throwing up or anything. I woke her up this morning and she said it still hurt, so I left her home with John. Hopefully she doesn't get a stomach bug.

Nick has been enthralling audiences with the dropping of his pants. Ug. I know it's all part of the AS. No inhibitions. But that's really one I'd like him to have. He thinks it's rather funny. I think it's dangerous. Let's hope he gets the hint on that one soon.

One of our fish is eating the others. We have 5 fish missing. Not even, oh, that ones floating or oh, there's a piece of him... nope, they're just GONE! So someone in there is very hungry. We just can't figure out who. Our babies kept dying too. I was able to rescue about 5 of them and put them in another tank. Poor things. I blame Shelly. I think the shark she gave us is a meany. Although the silver shark we have has gotten REALLY big so who knows.

As for me... I'm feeling ... down I guess you would call it. I reluctantly cleaned on Saturday, but Sunday... I didn't do a damn thing. I sat my ass on the couch and read a book. ALL DAY! Why did I feel guilty about that? Why should I feel guilty? I'm allowed to do nothing once in a while.

My friend (and old neighbor) is up from NC because our other neighbor down the road is passing away from cancer and they are really close. So I've had her 2 kids the entire weekend which is nice. They're very close in age to my kids - actually our daughters are only 2 weeks apart. They played together the whole time. Calli only got one bloody nose, her son only had one fist full of hair removed, Nick only got slapped in the face and his gonads punched a couple of times and her daughter actually went unscathed - except for a screaming match over who got to play the piano first. But truly, her kids kept mine so busy I was able to sit and do nothing.

And yet... I still felt like I was going to get in trouble for doing that. Why is that??? Why is it that at thirty ffhladjkla I still feel like I'm a little kid who has to answer to other people? I'm taking a day off damn it, don't look at me like that. If you want shit done... there's the sink, there's the dishes... Have a ball. I'll be right here on this couch living in my fantasy world of dark hunters saving the world from the evil gods.

I'm not in the best mood today... can you tell??? lol And now I have to do work. JOY!

Someone make my life nicer... Please? Hell I'll settle for just today.

1 comment:

Shell said...

Sorry your down...I'd cook you a chicken but it would probably be inedible. I give you permission to do nothing, except realize you did do by having 4 kids in your house.

It isn't my fish who is the meany, look at his fins, someone is beating him up.