Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Day One

Ahhh, Sunny Florida!! We got on the flight and a lovely young man from Sweden was seated next to me. He pulled out a paper and Donna and I proceeded to embarrass him as much as possible. He was a really good spot. He works for an airline company and was coming to FL to visit his parents. We had fun asking him all kinds of questions about the mile high club. Then he had fun trying to translate his paper for us. It was like a Swedish version of the National Enquirer. That was fun.

We had a really good flight. Just a little turbulence on the decent. I started saying WEEEEEEE! Donna grabbed my hand and said, NO, There will be NO WEEs, NO WEEING!! HA I thought it was fun! LOL

We land, walk outside and it’s 85 degrees. It’s freaking beautiful!! We got the rental car and we all rolled the windows down. Just lovely.

We pulled into the boss’ house… wait hold on, we pulled up to the gated community that he lives in, punched in the number to open the gate, and then drive through the estates to find his house. Then, we pulled into his house and it’s beautiful. HUGE. It’s only 2 years old and gorgeous. The outside has a huge screened in room the holds the pool (with hot tub attached). It’s a dream house.

We ate dinner, and I made the boss go out and start up the hot tub so I can jump in. It’s dark, so he turns on the lights in the pool, color changing of course. I can’t believe I’m here. It’s a bit of a downer that I’m here for work and not with my family. I’d love to be enjoying this with my family, but oh well.

I’m jumping in the pool tonight cause you never know what the training is going to be like and if we’ll have time later. I’m sure we will, but you never know.

I’ll update later on what else goes on. Unfortunately, I can’t connect to the internet so I’m going to write this in word and save it to put it on the blog later.

Day Two

The hot tub was chilly. He couldn’t get the hot water heater going. That’s ok. It started to rain so I didn’t stay in long. We went to bed about 11.

Got up Monday morning, showered, ate breakfast and they started the day. I was wiped out by the time we were done at 6:30. We had breaks in between, but I was still really tired. We went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant that was really nice. I sat across from the big boss and we had some really nice conversations. On the way back to the house we had him stop at a gas station to get ciggys. $26 A CARTON!! Jen and I bought 2 each. We walked out and she looked at the receipt and realized that they only charged us for 3 cartons. We thought it was really cool, unfortunately, we were stupid and told the boss. He pulled out to the end of the parking lot, turned and looked at me and said, you need to make a decision. Realize that he probably only makes about $5 an hour and he’ll have to make up that cost. I was just like… CRAP! YA KNOW, IF YOU WEREN’T MY BOSS…. ARG. Fine. Go back. So we go back in, I pay for it and leave. We pulled out of the parking lot and CRAP, we don’t have any more matches! Poor Bob, drives around again and Jen runs in. They tell her that it’s illegal for them to give them out now… Huh??? Whatever, she bought a lighter.

Came home and checked the pool, the heater has now kicked on. It’s 90 degrees so Donna and I jumped in for a while. It was like swimming in bathwater, just lovely. Got out and went to bed.

For all of you that are mad that I’m in sunny FL, you’ll be happy to know that I’ve slept horribly. Waking up half the night in pain. Took lots of Tylenol today.

Day Three

Got up, took a shower and started our meetings. I’m DONE!! I can barely concentrate anymore. Bob, the owner, went through his stuff licketly split. Everyone else is dragging on and on and I’m just not here anymore. I think it’s cause I know I’m in FL and a little sad that I really can’t enjoy it. I thought our flight was in the afternoon tomorrow so I could have time to chill in the sun… Nope, it’s at like noon, so we have to be out of here by 10. The house is 5 min from the Gulf of Mexico. I would have like to go see it, but I don’t think we’re going to get too. Total Bummer. Oh well. There’s nothing I can do about it. Maybe we’ll take a vacation down here.

I told John that we were moving to FL. I love it here. It’s so nice, sunny, warm, pretty, everything’s green! The palm trees swaying in the breeze. I think that when we move in a couple of years, we’re going to have to move somewhere warm. You don’t realize how much the cold weather sucks until you come to a place like this.

Half the group just had to go on a conference call and the rest of us got to go out and lay by the pool. Carla came out and said we’re gonna start again and she wants to hurry cause she wants us to go to the beach. YAYAY!!

Going Home

We never made it to the beach. The rest of the day ran late and then we went to dinner. I was exhausted by then and after we ate, they all sat there and talked for an hour. We didn’t leave until after 10. I was so done. We put on pj’s, said our goodbyes to those leaving early and went to bed.

We got up, packed and were out the door by 9am. We got to the airport, checked our bags and got on line for security… and stood there. There was an “old people leaving FL” convention. They were going so slow that we started to panic. Our flight was due to take off in 5 min and we were still way back in line. Some nice folks let us go ahead of them and we ran to the gate. We just made it.

I finally got to see the Gulf of Mexico… as we flew over it. I took some cool pics on my phone, but I really wanted to put feet in it. The water was so blue. Oh well, someday.

We got off the plane and the car service was nowhere in site. Donna called and they said, go outside, he’s out there somewhere. HUH??? The whole point of car service is they come in and get you and help you with your bags. Donna was seriously PO’d. I didn’t care, I just wanted to go home.

Home now. We stopped at the store and bought Calli a soft blanky, a mooshy doggie pillow and some fun games and coloring stuff. We’ll have to be up at 5:30 tomorrow and be at the hospital by 6:45.

Everyone cross your fingers that all goes well in the morning and she won’t be in too much pain.

I’ll update in the afternoon

4 comments:

Mira said...

Give her huge hugs! I'll be thinking of you guys. Hey do you like my new hair? And I thought we looked alike before....

Anonymous said...

Please tell Callie that we'll be thinking about her! Marea and I have talked about TONSILS about a MILLION times now. We'll be talking about her again tomorrow, I'm sure! HOPE ALL GOES WELL!!!!!!!!! Love ya - marg

Anonymous said...

Sorry your trip was all work and no play. Hope all goes well with Calli. Let her know we are thinking about her. Tyler picked out some feel better gifts for her so let me know when would be a good time.

Anonymous said...

Tell Callie she will be just fine :) and once it's done, she will be all better! Lex and I will be thinking of her.
As for you, how hot was this swedish guy ;)