Thursday, April 3, 2008

Surgery went really well. They gave her the goofy medicine and she thought it was pretty funny. She kept sitting up and saying, I'm dizzy and then falling back down. They put her in a modified crib with padded walls and she sat up and looked at the end of the bed and said, What's in there? I said nothing, it's just bars and padding. She leans really close to it and says, no, there's things in there... they're moving!! Look, you see them moving. HA, Sure sweety, we see it. Then we're walking down the hall and there's a statue of the virgin mary and she says, COOL, LOOK AT THAT MOM!! WOW!! I just laughed, yes, it's amazing dear. John and I were cracking up. She was all loopy.

She didn't come out of the anesthetic as well as she went in. She woke up screaming and coughing. Crying that her throat hurt and that she wanted a drink. They allowed her a tiny medicine cup full of water. It took us about 15 min to calm her down and she fell back to sleep. Once back in her room, she woke back up and was fine. She drank and had ice cream and talked for a while. She went back to sleep again and slept for a few hours. When she woke later the nurse asked if she wanted medicine and if her throat hurt. She said, no, it doesn't hurt. The nurse looked at me in a bit of awe. LOL Typical. I did have her give Calli some pain meds before we left just in case though.

We're home and watching Shrek now and she's resting. We'll see what tonight and tomorrow hold. Hopefully it'll be this easy. I'm assuming that she probably doesn't feel the pain because she's been in pain for so long that she's used to it. (kinda like my back) The struggle will be keeping her calm. They did give us tylenol with codine, so that should do it. LOL I've already had to yell at her to get her butt back on the couch 3 times. This isn't going to be easy.

Today's Did You Know: The can opener was invented 48 years after cans were introduced. *** Anyone thinking what I'm thinking? Obvious question of course.... hmm,

PS - Sorry Mark, I don't think we'll be able to attend the party this weekend. I don't think I'll be able to leave Calli with a sitter so soon. Sorry!!

4 comments:

Mira said...

Glad she's doing so well. I don't come out of General Anesthesia all that well either. I feel her pain. Big hugs Callie!!!! Love, Laura

Anonymous said...

Great news that she's not hurting so much!!! We have a family friend who is ear/nose/throat doc and he says he has clients under 5 who get their tonsils out and later that night are eating pizza. It's worse the older you get (as one who got them removed at 17 and hurt so badly I couldn't brush my TEETH for 3 weeks... um, TMI... :D)... SO GLAD she's home and looking good!! -- Marg

Anonymous said...

Im happy it went well.

thanks mark for inviting me :) haha

Anonymous said...

Glad Callie's feeling well. I got tonsilitis once and they were going to take mine out, but I healed quickly and all parts are still intact. I can relate however to that happy pill. I got one when I got a catheter, spelled right? for the bone infection I had in my foot.

Party huh?