Monday, April 7, 2008

Sounds that make you move faster than light speed:

The horn of a tractor trailer right behind you

The fire alarm

A scream for help

A child who is sleeping in bed with you who wakes up at 1:30 AM and says, Mamma, my tummy's gonna be sick.

Unfortunately for the last one, light speed isn't always fast enough. I jumped up, she puked, I grabbed her to run to the bathroom and she threw up all over me. It was GREAT! Changing the bed at 2am was an eye opener. Calli said, I wont throw up on your bed again Mamma. LOL Like she could help it.

She went to bed around 5pm last night (late nap) and slept right through... well except for the above. She had gotten up about 12:30 with a nightmare and was awake off and on until the puking. I was pretty much awake and talking to her. I had just fallen to sleep when the aforementioned statement was made.

The alarm went off at 6:30 and I got up with Nick (who had a nightmare and ended up in bed with us too) Got him ready and out the door and she didn't want to wake up. She slept till 9:15. She up now, but taking it pretty easy.

Mr. Riccio passed away. For those of you who don't know, Mr. Riccio was my neighbor at the Rockaway house my entire life. Actually, his sister is married to my grandma's brother, so they are related to us somehow. It's gonna be really bizarre not having him there. He was a staple of George Street. Always there to tell you that your lawn needed cutting or to ask how you were feeling. He had stories that could go on forever and ever. But he was a really good man and will be dearly missed.

Today's Did You Know: Most insects are edible. According to eatbug.com, there are 1,462 recorded species of edible insects. And they're quite nutritious. For instance, 100 grams of cricket contains only 121 calories, less than half of beef. A cricket contains only 5,5 grams of fat, compared to 21,2g of beef. Beef contains more protein (23,5g - a cricket 12.9g) but the 100g of cricket also contains 5,1g of carbohydrates, 75,8 mg calcium, 185,3 mg phosphorous, 9,5 mg iron, thiamin, riboflavin, and niacin. *** Ok, I don't care how fat I get... I'm not eating bugs!!

No comments: