Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Two days in the city for work. I LOVE the city. I enjoy the hustle and bustle of all the people. The sites, the sounds, the smells. It just makes me smile. I know most people despise going to the city (for those of you who don't know, I mean New York City) for the same reasons that I love it.

I took the train in. Both mornings I nearly missed the train. I can't leave until Nick gets picked up and then I have to drop off Calli and then race my ass to the train station. Today I had about 10 seconds to spare because Calli screamed like crazy in the car because we forgot her pillow and I couldn't go back, which of course made her have to pee. So pit stop at Quick Check.

Today was interesting. A typical day in NYC. As I walked to the office I saw a woman standing on the corner waiting to cross the street in a strapless wedding gown. Just standing there waiting like it was no big deal. LOL At lunch I went to a dollar store. Not a normal dollar store. A NYC dollar store, which had FOUR FLOORS!! LOL Our office is in the middle of the fashion district so for many blocks in either direction you can see the most beautiful clothes, shoes and fabrics. Just lovely.

Yesterday Donna and I went shopping for tiaras. HA! We're going to that benefit on Friday and the theme is Denim and Diamonds. So all of the girls are doing it up with style. Being in NY and in the fashion district, it only took us 3 stores to find what we wanted. We found other tiaras, but we didn't want to spend $150!!! We found the Cinderella Club. PERFECT.

Now I have to find clothes to wear and more jewelry. I'll do that Thursday since I have to go into the city again tomorrow. Then I think I'll hit the dollar store around here and see what nonsense toy jewelry I can find.. I plan to go over the top completely! LOL I'm gonna have FUN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that sounds more like it you sound very Happy that makes me happy,Love your Mom
I do not like the city how can you love it so much. Country is more like it. You are your fathers child. NY all the way. Ha Ha Love Mom