Monday, March 3, 2008

2 More Days until Shelly's return!!! WoO HOoo!!

The weekend went well. Donna came over yesterday with a moving truck. Her son came home from college and they had a bunch of stuff they couldn't keep, so they donated to charity. US!! YAY! We got a new bed, a dresser and this small little tv.... LOL So about this "small" tv. She says, I have 2 tv's here. Ones a 19' and the others a little hand held. I said, ok, we'll take them both. Calli's tv is broken and only plays in black and white. So I figured the 19' will replace hers. So Donna opens the back of the truck and I said "WHat is THAT?" She said that's the 19'. Donna needs her vision checked. I think her perspective is skewed because she has one of those huge monster tv's in her living room. Her idea of a 19' is actually a 42' tv! LOL I'm like that is NOT going in Calli's room. That's going in OUR room! LOL The little hand held she talked about is probably a 19'. LOL (I don't know because she forgot it, along with the wood - which was the reason for coming over with the truck in the first place - and some drawing thing for Calli that she got a good talking to about. Let me tell you, being admonished by a 4 year old is NOT pretty!)

Speaking of the princess, her tonsils are still huge. I can't believe after all those antibiotics that they haven't shrunk at all. Poor kid. But she was still a monster this morning. Oh, have I told you that I am NOT a morning person? I have NO patience in the morning and she tries every last bit of it. ARG

I talked to my cousin yesterday - HEY VAL! - and she was telling me how the Elks Lodges run a summer camp for disabled kids. They pay for the entire thing and it's all one on one with the kids teaching them social skills and stuff. I looked it up last night and the camp is like 45 min. from me, which is good. (rather have him close) I sent them an email and they are sending me the brochure and registration info. I think he would love to be able to go to camp and it's not something that we could ever afford. Cross your fingers he gets in. (And thanks for the info Val!)

Today's Did you know: Broccoli is the only vegetable that is also a flower.

11 MORE DAYS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How's the no-smoking going??? 2 Cigs left on Friday... everyone still alive... either you GOT MORE or you finally really did quit!! Inquiring minds want to know... :D

Anonymous said...

To your comment :
"Broccoli is the only vegetable that is also a flower."

Let me rephrase that for ya:
"Broccoli is only intended for the use of seeing someone else's flower."