Friday, March 7, 2008

TGIF! 7 MORE DAYS!

Ya know, a month ago I was thinking how long this month would be before I leave here and now I'm thinking about how fast it's gone. I'm not complaining, trust me! I can't wait to leave all this behind and start a new chapter in my life. Nose Picker handed me my last paycheck today. (I'll get the "last one" in the mail - and yes, I sanitized after) I was gonna say it's bitter sweet... but no, it's just plain SWEET!!!

Stopped by the Braun household yesterday. It seems that they are very pleased with the cleaning. Tim's a little on edge that I touched his stuff (dirty minds, please see yesterday's post). But I think the edge is more the nicotine withdrawal. I'm very proud of them. Neither of them have smoked in close to 2 weeks and they are both still alive! Although, the tension is.. well, get out the knife folks. LOL I teased them that we have a bet going to see how long they hold out, but I honestly hope they stick to it. I'm down to 5 ciggys a day. And I think that's outstanding considering I was doing over a pack a day. And it's getting to where I don't smoke the whole thing cause I just don't want it.

Heather (my old neighbor) is back in town. They've decided SC SUCKS and have come back to good ol' Jersey. WOO HOO. Unfortunately, they will be living in Ledgewood, not down the street, but oh well. They're pretty cool to hang out with and she cooks a rockin tuna steak. She's my seafood buddy. She'll eat all the stuff John wont. Like sushi and clams and tuna and all that good stuff. It'll be nice to have her back. Maybe we'll get them into game night when it's at our house. Cause they have two little kids also and that would make it 8 kids under the age of 10 (5 of them 4 and under) Yeah, no. Not in Shell's house. At least at our house we can lock them all in the playroom and they'll be happy. Throw a couple of chips and juice pouches and 3 or 4 diapers up there and check on them in a couple hours. Good enough!

Hmm, what else.... Oh, well I'm pretty sure my hypoglycemia is back. I had it as a little kid and then it kinda went away. But lately I've been having all the symptoms again. I think it's time to go back on the diet. Ug. I need to diet anyway as you all know (Big Fat Cow). But this is a very strict diet. It's basically the same as a diabetics diet. All the whites are cut out, bread, pasta, sugar. Only a small amount of complex carbs, little to no fruit (sugar) It's kinda like the Atkins diet. Since I'm gonna be home, I think it'll be easier to stick to and make food for myself that's healthy. I'm sure I'll loose weight on it which is excellent, but the main reason is so I stop the dizzy spells, memory loss, feeling so tired, headaches, mood swings, heart issues.. Oh Mom, remember the other day I told you my pupils were different sizes and it was really weird... yep, that was on the list of symptoms too. It's amazing how the lack of sugar can mess up your system. For those of you that don't know, hypoglycemia is when you have too much insulin in your system and it burns the sugar/glucose too quickly, putting your body into a kind of shock. We'll see how the diet goes. Of course I don't plan on sticking too it all the time, I mean come on... Shelly's doing cake decorating classes! Someone has to help eat the projects on Friday nights!! But I think a change in eating is required. Here's to wishful thinking!!

Today's Did you know: You have to play ping-pong for 12 hours to lose one pound - Does this count for Beer Pong too? Crap, and we thought we were exercising. We thought we would at least be burning off the calories we were drinking in! Jeeze! Ok, maybe we'll have to change the rules a little. Like, if you miss you have to do 50 push ups. Oh Wait no, if you get it in the other team has to do 50 push ups, or jumping jacks or something to burn the calories. See, we're helping our fellow man.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll help you with your diet and we can do it together to make you healthy. And I am going to make you get physical when you're working from home and the weather improves. Can't start to diet yet, I am leaving in 10 minutes to sort thousands of boxes of Girl Scout Cookies. Tim wants to know why you went right for his stuff? Next time you will have to hit the kitchen or backporch because that is the only place I have stuff. Oh and what did you do with the garbage from the basement?

Anonymous said...

If I was there I would have hit the kitchen...you know I'm itching to do that damn room :p