Friday, March 14, 2008

It is my LAST DAY!! They took me out to lunch yesterday and I came in today to do my final clean up and say good-bye. I'm being asked a lot if it's "bitter sweet"..... NO, It's just sweet! I honestly can not wait to leave. (1 hour and counting) I mean, if I wasn't leaving for such a great opportunity, I might say differently... but I am so I wont!

My desk is cleared, my boxes are packed, all my paperwork is handed out. I am finally done with this place! YAYAY Anything that is left is no longer my problem.

My new life begins MONDAY!! I can't wait!!

Shelly baked me a cake so we could celebrate tonight. YAY

I'm eating a buffalo chicken salad... it's really freaking hot. I've lost all feeling in my tongue. Hhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I should have put a little more dressing on it. Oh well.

Calli has refused to eat dinner for days. She's being such a pain in the ass. Mostly is because she has a tummy ache or is full (translation - it's got onions in it and I don't like it) Last night I got so fed up that I made her sit there and look at her food until she either ate it or it was bed time. Needless to say, I let her get up at 8pm and go to bed. She cried the entire time, but that's ok. The kid is a peanut as it is. She needs to eat. And she needs to eat real food, not pb&j and spaghettio's. I know it's ok if she only eats that stuff and she'll expand her palate as she gets older, but that's not the point. The point is I am NOT making 2 different meals every night. And if I make special for her, I have to make special for Nick. So then it's 3 different meals a night. NOPE, You eat what I make, or you go hungry. They aren't babies anymore, the can skip a meal. And if they are hungry enough... they'll eat what I make! Call me a horrible mom, whatever. House rules.

That's it for now folks. Happy Weekend!

Today's Did You Know: The Hawaiian alphabet only has 12 letters * Damn, learning the ABC's in Hawaii must be a breeze! I bet they don't have that stupid lmnop (and a little p - as my kids always say) Now I'm curious. Hold please.... Nope, no luck for the little Hawaiian kids... those are actually the ONLY letters they have (plus a couple). HA

The alphabet contains 12 letters: 5 vowels (a, e, i, o, u) and 7 consonants (h, k, l, m, n, p, w). To simplify pronunciation, sound consonants as in English and break up words so they are easy to say e.g., Waianapanapa sounds like Wai-a-napa-napa.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being done! Must feel like such a relief! You'll have to let me know how the new gig goes...

Miss you! Hugs! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Girlie!

I ain't likin this! Not at all! You will just have to go back and help that new girl cuz I'm gonna give her a hard time! Oh hey I got a new email addy.....oh and give me your business....I need your business.....or all your friends... send them to my website and tell them they need to help me out....www.fhtmus.com/valerieharnish later Chick-a-dee! hehe (ther peep show chick-a-dee that is)!

Mira said...

That's just AWESOME! Congratulations cousin. I'm so happy for you!!!