Monday, March 24, 2008

Got up this morning, raced around the house trying to get everyone dressed and out the door to be at Calli's ENT appointment by 8:30. I knew we were going to sit in traffic, so I wanted to get going. We drive down there and end up being a half hour early! Arg. So, I let the kids watch a movie in the van for a little while. When it's time to go in, I go to roll up my window and notice that it's going REALLY slow. Oh crap. I try to start the car and I hear click click click. (Click is a fun work to type! It's like a little dance for your fingers... like the cha cha.) So, I figure we'll go into the dr. and hope it starts when we come out.

Calli had her appointment. He said they look worse than last time. That her tonsils are almost touching now. He asked if she was snoring, which she does a little, but not a lot, and if she's a mouth breather, which she isn't. He said that would show signs of obstruction. He said, ok, I think we'll wait another 4 - 6 months. I was kinda like, oh :o( ok. He asked why I wanted them out so badly and I explained about her poor eating habits, her constant clearing of her throat and a cough that wont go away and every time she coughs, she gags and feels like she's going to throw up. He said, OH, well you didn't tell me that!! She didn't have any symptoms, so we could wait. Now you're telling me she has symptoms. Ooppss, sorry! That's a different story, they need to come out. So, I have to call today to schedule her surgery. Poor kid! He told her she could have ice cream for a week and she wanted to have the surgery today! LOL

Oh, he said she has to be in bed for a week with no activity, then another week on moderate. No rough housing. Uhm... are you planning to give her sedatives for a 2 weeks?? This is gonna be fun. ARG

So, we go outside and of course the car doesn't start. So I call Shelly... How much do you love me? Come jump me! lol (dirty minds) Then I'm standing there in an empty spot in front of the van and people are getting really PO'd that I wont let them pull in. Then the one next to me opens up and I go stand there. Then we have to figure out how to do it. I always thought it was just red to red and black to black. And that's what John said too. But Shell said no, one black has to go to a ground. So then we're trying to call Tim who's not answering and standing there holding these cables like we're dumb blondes. Then a nice old man came up and helped up. Once we FINALLY found something in there that was actually metal and not plastic we were able to get it started.

Just another of my lovely days. Craptastic!

Oh, so at the end of my last post I said I was going to take a nap. That was at about 5pm. I never did nap, but let me tell you something, I am NOT taking advantage of the cheat day again. Holy crap. I felt like I was hit by a truck! I could barely function. We got in bed about 9:30 and I swear I couldn't lift my arms. I was just drained. It's amazing what food can do to you. John said he felt crappy too and his heart was racing. I think on cheat days, we'll stick to the diet and maybe just have a desert at the end of the day or something. Cause oh man, that was bad.

I have to get in the shower now and do my hair and make-up. I have to go to the DMV and get a new driver's license. Oh joy! I still have an old one that doesn't have a picture on it. But since I have to fly on Sunday, I need a picture one. I HATE pictures of me. Oh well. No choice.

Have a day folks

Today's Did You Know: The world's largest coins, in size and standard value, were copper plates used in Alaska around 1850. They were about a metre (3 ft) long, half-a-metre (about 2 ft) wide, weighed 40 kg (90 lb), and were worth $2,500. *** So does that mean they had really really big wallets? How do you carry that around? What idiot thought that would be a good idea for money?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, atleast we got it started and I knew that you had to ground out the negative! Good luck on your DMV pic you only get one chance to look good for 4 years.

Anonymous said...

I just got my license renewed too! They let me use my old picture from when I was 23!!!!! hahahaha :p

so anyway, what do you get when a brunette and a red head try to jump start a car...... nothing, just a blonde laughing at them :) :) :) hehehehe. LMAO

see you soon!!!!!! my eyes are clearing...not the nose or ears..or the damn headaches but I will be around this weekend.