Wednesday, March 26, 2008

What an insane day!!

Got up this morning, got the kids to school and started work. Actually had work to do today. I worked until about 1 pm doing laundry in between. I got a call from the dr. saying they are scheduling Calli's surgery for April 3rd. That NEXT THURSDAY!! AHAHAHAAAAA!! Ok, no problem.

Wait, problem. Problems actually.

Problem 1 - Which insurance will cover that? The old or the new. Or does one cover the pre-op (which will most likely be before the end of the month) and the other cover the actual surgery. I call my new boss to ask for the insurance info so I can call and clear that up.

Problem 2 - She informs me that they just found out that my paperwork didn't go in fast enough, so my coverage wont start until the 15th. Ok, crap. She says get Cobra, we'll pay for it. Ok, cool.

Problem 3 - I call the old job and they say, oh, the health insurance still has you as employed, we'll have to fix that before you can get Cobra. ARG. Ok, they do that and the package should be here tomorrow for me to fill out and I'll be covered with that as of the 1st. Ok. That's done.

Problem 4 - She's going to need pre-op testing. I'm going to be in FL from Sunday to Wednesday (her surgery is Thursday), which means if they don't schedule her for testing within the next 2 days, we're gonna have to figure out some other way to get her there. Hopefully they'll be able to schedule them for the afternoon when John can take her.

Problem 5 - I was supposed to go into the city Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday the week following her surgery for training. Well, I can't do that. Cause she needs to be in bed for a week and I don't want to leave her here with someone else, especially when she'll be in pain. So I had to reschedule that till the end of that week so that my sister can be here with her and she'll be mostly recovered.

Lots of problems for today... Not related to her surgery...

Problem 6 - Nick is out of his Aderal. The pharmacy had a script weeks ago but it couldn't be filled cause I had just filled one (controlled substance). I called a week ago when he was almost out and they said they didn't have it. Great, they lost the damn thing. This wouldn't be a big deal if it wasn't a controlled substance cause then the dr. could just call it in, but since it is, I had to drive to Newton to pick it up. I called the hospital 2 days before he was out and of course it took them 3 days later. So now he hasn't had it for a day. I go to pick it up, drop it off at the pharmacy and go to pick Calli.

Problem 7 - The pharamist calls me and says, they wrote the script wrong. WHAT?? They wrote if for 150 strength... It should be 15!! Have someone call us so we can fill it. Ok, no problem... wrong! Problem.

Problem 8 - I call the hospital, no answer. I call again, no answer. I call the emergency line (since it's really bad to not be on that medicine.) They walk over there (after my third time calling them cause they keep transferring me and no one's answering) and the chick there says, sorry, they're all gone for the day. WHAT?? Sorry, there's nothing we can do until tomorrow. The prescription chicks are gone and we can't contact the dr. FREAKING CRAPTASTIC!! So now he's gonna have to go another day without it. That is sooo not good.

Ok, I need a happy pill and a nap.

Today's Did You Know: The human head contains 22 bones. *** The human head weighs 8 pounds.

3 comments:

Mira said...

Hmmm do you want some depressing genetic information? We have almost the exact same measurments. On the nose. Which means you're fighting against genetics. Yakety Yak.
FYI what's helping me on the diet front: eating all day long. (or actually drinking)... fruits, veggies, (jack la Lane veggies with a kick juice or something like that), K20 Protein Water (that stuff is the bomb!!), salads for breakfast. (Yes I know it sounds weird but there ya go. (I've lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks just adding food to my diet instead of taking it away.)

Mira said...

Oooh! I forgot to tell you my new favorite phrase:
"What you think of me is none of my business." Just trying to add to your repetoire.

Mira said...
This comment has been removed by the author.