Tuesday, March 18, 2008

HELLLLOOOOOoooooo!! Well, I started my new job yesterday. Kinda. LOL Donna and I went to the bosses house and went over a bunch of stuff. Then we went SHOPPING!! It's so much fun to shop with other people's money! I got a new printer. It's one of those 4 in 1 jobbies. It's very pretty. I also got some supplies and a laptop backpack. The only problem with that last purchase.... I don't have my laptop yet. LOL So it's just holding all my supplies. The puter should be in by tomorrow sometime. Then we just have to load all the programs. And THEN hopefully I can start to actually work. As of right now, I'm basically trying to be a sponge. Donna's going over everything and I'm just trying to take it all in. I'm one of those people who learn better by doing. So I'm very anxious to get moving.

I started the "Body for Life" diet today. It's really not to bad. And MUCH easier to do when you're home. I would never stick to it if I had to "go" to work. I would just say forget it, I'm not packing all this food. I just eat something from the caf. I've even gotten all my water in for the day too! Yeah Me! I'm gonna have John do my measurements tonight and I have to eventually put my ass on the scale, but, I don't wanna.

Let's see, I need to loose about 80 pounds. If I loose 2 pounds a week... that's 40 weeks, so by next January I should be at goal. That's too damn far away! But oh well. Can't think like that. I am going to let you all join in on my progress. Tomorrow (or tonight) I will put up all my stats and then do that once a week so everyone can cheer me on. Or yell at me, or maybe even join me. You can go onto the website and get all the info. You don't have to buy the book or anything. www.bodyforlife.com

If you would like to join me and want to have the other readers cheer you on as well, give me all your stats and I'll put them on here. If you go to the web site they tell you all the measurements to take. No being shy. I don't think you should be ashamed about what you're at now. I personally am at about 240 lbs. I actually think I've gone a little over that lately. I'll see later. The idea is to realize that you need to get healthy! Did you know that if your measurements around your waist (belly button) is greater than 35 inches (for women) or 40 inches (for men) you're in deep shit. It means you are at higher risk for :

■ type 2 diabetes (high blood sugar)
■ high blood pressure
■ heart disease and stroke
■ some types of cancer
■ sleep apnea (when breathing stops for short periods during sleep)
■ osteoarthritis (wearing away of the joints)
■ gallbladder disease
■ liver disease
■ irregular menstrual periods

That's just crazy. I just went to measure mine and I'm at 47 1/2 inches. That is NOT good. For those of you running for tape...

To measure your waist circumference, place a tape measure around your bare abdomen just above your hip bone. Be sure that the tape is snug, but does not compress your skin, and is parallel to the floor. Relax, exhale, and measure your waist.

It took me 20 years, but I've finally decided to do it. To finally get in shape. Or at least a shape besides a circle. I have only started the diet part. I haven't done the work out thing. I do plan to work that in really soon, but maybe a week or two. Give me a break people!! Let me ease into this. JEEZE!

Oh, and real quick before I go... My friend Valerie is working this great new business. It's really awesome. Gives you some pretty good price breaks on stuff you already buy. Check it out! www.fhtmus.com/valerieharnish

That's it for now folks!

Today's Did You Know: Children grow faster in the spring. *Freaking great! Now I'm gonna have to buy them all new clothes again. Ebay, here I come!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl! If there's anything I can do to support you in this health kick, please let me know! I helped my sister quit smoking!

Anonymous said...

Congrats I am so proud of you! I'm in but you have to come measure me and don't forget to take a picture of yourself!I saw this cool idea on Rachel Ray or something where people sponsor your weight loss with incentives once you hit a certain pound lost. I would like to sponsor your 25lb loss so once you hit a loss of exactly 25lbs I am taking you for a mani/pedi. I think it would be a good incentive for you if you had other people pick a number to sponsor. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

coolness..... I just started again meself. I couldn't fit into a few older pairs of diner pants so that was it. Don't know my measurements nut when I started j was 245 lbs. Now I am 233 in 2.5 weeks. What are you using foe body fat percentage? My scale gives me all sorts of wired nbers like jumping 10% in a day

Gretchen said...

Woot! Go K! BfL is fantastic - and I promise it gets easier the longer you stick with it! After awhile it just becomes natural to make the right choices, and even indulging on free days isn't so much fun anymore :) If you need any help or ideas for meals, I have tons of materials (I've done it a few times and I'm in maintenance mode right now until April when I'll start again). You can do it!