Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The stupidity of men..

Who pays $40 for a pair of kids shoes???? They grow out of them in 2 MONTHS!! It's just insane. I walked into the store, looked at the price, threw up all over and left. OK, so I didn't throw up, but I could have. After 2 other shoe stores, I ended up going to Wally-World. Not the best selection but more than the others and a hell of a lot cheaper.

John calls. I tell him I got Nick shoes (which I hate, but they were the only ones in his size. - Which by the way... He's in a size 3 1/2.... HE'S 7. This kid's gonna have mondo feet) I also got Calli a pair of black patent leathers. I just needed to get her a brown pair.

This is were the stupidity of men comes in...

My sweet husband says: Why does she need a brown pair? I thought you got black ones.
Me: Yes, the black ones are for Christmas. The brown ones are for Thanksgiving.
Him: Why can't she just wear the same pair for both?
Me: Her Christmas dress is black and pink, hence the black shoes. Her Thanksgiving outfit is cream, pink and brown, hence brown shoes.
Him: SHE'S 3
Me: So? She needs to match!
Him: No she doesn't, she's 3!!! You can NOT start her out on the shoe thing already. It's too soon. I've seen your closet.
Me: K honey, I won't, bye

So, we got the black ones and a really cute pair of brown boots. (Teaching your daughter about shoes is a mother's duty. As is teaching her to appease your partner and then do whatever you want anyway.) And, let me add that it was my daughter, not me who wanted to buy 15 different pairs of shoes. Men just don't understand. It's not something you learn. We're BORN with it.

Brownies (Nick wanted this instead of cupcakes - phew... so much easier) did get made last night. I swear I only ate one... ok, I also ate the stuff that fell off when I cut them... and maybe that one in the middle that was really oooy and goooy. I obviously could not send that one to school!! I was gonna do goody bags too, but after 35 shoes stores, I totally forgot. Oh well. Another tick in my horrible mother of the year award tally (I'm gonna win this year!!)

I can't believe my baby is 7. Where has the time gone. I feel so old and I looked at him this morning and he looks so grown up. ho hum.

Wishing you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: