Monday, November 26, 2007

Holiday Update

Why is it that when you have a long weekend, you're always more exhausted then when you were working?? I could barely roll my butt out of bed this morning. And Nick HIGHLY protested going to school.

So, Thursday was great. We got up at the crack of dawn and set out for the train. Nick was very excited about that. He really enjoyed the train ride, but was annoyed with all the stops. (hee hee, gotta love NJ Transit) We got into the city about 8:30 am and we were told by the lovely man from the NYPD that we would have to walk down 700 blocks to get anywhere near the parade. SURE, NO PROBLEM. Luckily, we only had to go down about 5 blocks before they were letting people in.

Nick was not all that thrilled with the parade. He liked the marching bands, but unfortunately for my back, he was a bit to short to see it. I had to hold him up. The kids weighs 85 pounds!! What a nightmare. He was up and down most of the time because we couldn't hold him continuously. We just told him there was nothing there at the time (He didn' t need to see EVERYTHING!!)

I realized how old I am watching this parade. I'm watching the floats go by and saying "Hey look, it's .... I have no idea who that is!" I knew Dolly, Wynona, Ashley Simpson (can't miss the new nose, fake and bake and cleft chin) and Terri and Bindi Irwin. That's IT! Am I so out of touch? I guess so. Most of the people were young groups. My kids are too little for the obsessions of music groups. I didn't feel bad though. I was asking the people around me... none of them knew either. HA!

As per my last post... Dear Hubby was about a half a second from being left in the city. He made it with some decorum until the very end of the parade. But trying to get out of the mayhem at the end...He lost it. He's very very very very lucky that he had the car keys in his pocket. Otherwise, I'm not sure what I would have done.

The rest of the day went good. Tiring, but good.

Saturday I went Christmas shopping. I usually do the 4am black Friday shopping, but I was way to tired this year. I got nearly everything I needed. Next year, some one remind me to do all my shopping online!

I also got 2 kittens. lol, stupid me went into a pet adoption and walked out with 2 kittens. They were buy one get one free!! Couldn't resist that deal. So now Mocha and Muffin are our newest members of our family. We now have 2 cats, 1 dog, 2 birds, a snake and fish out the wazzooo. We can't feed ourselves... but hell, let's get more animals. I know, it doesn't make any sense. Don't try to understand me. You'll never do it.

No comments: