Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Early morning cries..

I was very rudely awakened at 5:30 this AM by our two new precious kitties. Both of them sat in the hallway calling out to the great Cat Gods of long ago. They also woke up my son who jumped into bed with me. Now, I would have rather the cats jumped in bed with me instead of waking everyone up. We were able to go back to sleep until the next serenade about 15 minutes later. And then the alarm started going off. Ho Hum

I think I have mentioned in previous posts that I am NOT a morning person. The cats are lucky to be alive. They are also lucky that I do not function in the morning. I can't see very well due to the fact that my eyes refuse to open and my walking ability is that of a 11 month old child. Not to mention that I can not speak until after my shower or a hot cup of coffee. Otherwise I might have caught them and thrown them out the window.

I am not one of those women who wake up beautiful and chipper. Ready to make breakfast for everyone. I know when I was little we had a hot breakfast every morning. My kids are lucky if I throw dry cereal in a bag for them as they head out to school. I feel bad until I get to my daughter's day care and see 3 other kids with cereal in a bag. HA, I'm not the only one! John always jokes that I should get up early and do the whole Donna Reed thing, but he knows better. I barely get up in time to shower and get everyone out the door with food for the day. If he wants someone to play Donna Reed, he better get a second job and hire an Alice. Mommy don't play that!

No comments: