Friday, November 16, 2007

I'm the worlds BEST backwards knitter...

WHO KNEW!!! I bought myself one of those books that teach you how to knit. It has directions and pictures on how to do each thing step by step. Obviously they MISSED a step.

I went over to my good friend Donna's last night. I had a stress day yesterday and she was nice enough to cook dinner for my clan. (Ain't she sweet) While I was there she gave me an impromptu knitting lesson. I had asked her to help because even though I had this wonderful book, I was doing something wrong.

I said, ok, so I put all the thread on... got it. I knit a row.. got it. Now I have to knit it again..... Who knew you actually SWITCHED needles??? You put the full one in your left hand and the empty in your right. HAHAHAHA All this time I was leaving them be. Knit from the left one to the right one and then do it backwards and knit from the right one to the left. My dear friend Donna just looked at me in awe and tried very hard not to laugh at me. "That's not how you do it. OMG, how do you do that!" I have invented the "Kaylene Stitch"!! I'm a genius. Someone give me lots of money!! Might I add that this little tid bit of information was NOT in the book.

So, I'm having a party tonight. My house is a mess (see post below - the fairies never came). I try so hard to clean it. But people here at work (see sick post below), my husband and my best friend have all seen fit to shower me with their germs. I've had a sinus headache for 4 days now. (Haven't taken my happy pills either which will add to the headache). So when I get home, I am in no mood to clean. But, I do feel free to yell at my husband for not doing anything all day. (even though he should be sleeping cause he's working nights) NO, that's not the point, he should have the house PERFECT before he goes to sleep. Is that asking to much??? Ok, so maybe a little.

Even though I've felt exhausted the past few days, I have come home and cleaned. So... as long as no one goes upstairs tonight or in the play room, or laundry room, or sun room... I should be ok. HA Come in Come in... Sit down.. DON'T MOVE! Oh crud... They're gonna want to pee. I'm going to have to do the bathroom. Hmm, wonder if the neighbor will let us use hers?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

hope you got some help cleaning and party goes smoothly! :)

Blythe said...

Omg that is sooo funny about the knitting. You have to take picture of that and post a "What it's supposed to look like" and a "Kaylene Stitch" LOL!