Friday, November 30, 2007

CABLE!!!!!

Aaahhhhhh I can not tell you the joy and rapture I received last night. I walked into the house telling the kids I had a surprise for them. Nick stood in the living room with a puzzled look. I pointed towards the tv (John had it on). Nick was quite for about 2 seconds and then screamed "CABLE!!!!!" It was just so exciting!!

And then he was over it and wanted to play Carbon - thanks Shell. I said, NO WAY. I am watching tv tonight!! There will be no Wii. There will be no fighting. You will be lucky if I feed you! There will be no disturbing of the Mommy while I watch all these wonderful commercials! - Hey, when you've watched George of the Jungle 347 times, even a commercial looks good.

For those of you that don't know, we've been very poor and haven't had cable in about 6-8 months. It's been hell. We pretty much have a Blockbuster at our house. A million and one movies. And our friends kept giving us more knowing that we needed them. Well, we watched every one of those movies about 46 times.

And then we had the "Hot Favorites" that were watched over and over and over again.

The afore mentioned George of the Jungle - which I can't complain about too much since it's cute and I'll never turn down a look at Brenden Frasier in a loin cloth. - Yummy

Then there was Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - although a classic, that one gets old at about the 68th viewing. And I never understood how Dick VanDyke can live in England, have a British father and British kids and be completely American?

Barbie Fairytopia - Ug. I don't believe any other comment is needed. (Thanks Donna)

The Aristocats - Again, how is it that every person/cat in that movie is British, except for Zsa Zsa who speaks, I don't know, was it Austrian?? and the boy cat who seemed to be from like Jersey or something.

The Flinstones Movie - This is the live version with John Goodman and Rosie O'Donnell. I like this movie.. or I should say, I LIKED this movie. Now I'll be happy if I never see it again. John now cries every time they put it on. LOL Although a cute movie, it convinced my son that they had cars back then that they drove with their feet. That they lived in rock houses and so on. It took an hour long conversation one day to explain to him that The Flinstones Movie is NOT a documentary! ** HA quick side note.. As I'm doing spell check, it pulled up Flinstone and suggested Flagstone... HA LOL

I'm sure in a few years I'll allow them to watch a movie out of the cabinet. But for right now, I'm locking the door!

Last night I watched Survivor!!!! I love that show and I've missed the entire season. I also saw CSI. Someone fill me in... How did they get busted on the love affair?? And what happened to her? How did she break her arm and her face??

That's it for me this week. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend. See ya Monday.

PS - Spread the word on my blog.

PPS - if anyone is looking for a Christmas present for me... Josh Groban put out a Christmas cd called Noel! That man gives me the vapors!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! Don't be making fun of the O'Malley cat!! LOL I'm glad you got cable back. That must have been so nice. I hope you guys have a great weekend!!!

Mira said...

Love Love Love George of the Jungle! (Though I'd probably just sit and rewind the dancing around the fire scene at the beginning a few bazillion times. Try explaining THAT to a 7 year old will ya?)
My faves on TV are Mondays: Chuck & Heroes Tuesdays: Bones & House Wednesdays: Bionic Woman Friday: Ghostwhisperer All Week: Poker After Dark
Then I watch Discovery, TLC, & Animal Planet when I get bored.

Anonymous said...

Recommend that you tape "a haunting" every day at 2:00 on the DSC channel!!! It's sooo spooky!! LOVE IT!!! Sorry I don't watch those shows so I can't help you!!! Laura and I on the other hand watch the same stuff!!!
Donna