Monday, December 1, 2008

I know, I'm the worst blogger ever. Sorry.

Let's see. Thanksgiving went really well. Dinner at my Aunt's as usual. It was a smaller crowd this year. Only around 35 people. LOL It was all yummy of course, but I was very sad and depressed because I only got down about 4 bites before I was full and couldn't eat anymore. I swear I was gonna cry sitting at the table watching everyone stuff their faces and I couldn't. So depressing. I did take home a big plate of food that I've been munching on.

Friday, I was one of those insane people who got up at the crack of dawn and went shopping. I got almost everything I needed and the kids are done except for one thing for Calli. I didn't go overboard either, so I'm pretty proud of myself. The only thing I got that wasn't on sale was this stupid doll that Calli wanted that actually swims in water. Damn thing was like $35! UG. Oh well. It was on the top of her list.

My biggest fear was that I didn't get enough for Nick. Calli is so easy to buy for that I always seem to get more for her than for him. But once I unloaded everything, it was pretty even. He may have even had a little bit more.

We're going to get the car checked out tonight. Hopefully all is well with it and we can buy it. It's our friend Tim's sister's car. I can't wait to be able to get into the car from the driver's side (and out too!) That will be so nice. Driving around this weekend, I swear half the time we thought the front wheel was just gonna fall right off. Scary.

OH, I gave myself a little holiday present. I paid off our Walmart cards. They'd been in collections forever and I used to get calls from them at least (no joke) 15 times a day. Drove me insane. They sent us settlement letters and I was able to pay them off at 30% what we owed. Totally worth it. YAY ME!

So I'm thinking that I don't want to go back to work, no surprise there. Of course John HATES that idea. I was thinking of seeing if I could get some kids here and do daycare in the house. I believe that as long as you have no more than 5 kids that you don't need a licence. 5 kids X $200 a week.... that's more than I was making in the corporate world. Although, I don't know if I would take 5! LOL We'll see. I'll put an add on Craig's List and see what happens.

Today is a laundry and ebay day, so I need to get to it. TTFN

OH WAIT... Mark your calendars. This Wednesday!! We will again be on the Rachel Ray show. And when she shows the wreath and they say how much it is, I'm the one who makes the weird noise that she talks too! Hee Hee!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to say taking care of kids is ok if you have a car large enough to take all of them in case of a emergency, keep that in mind, the 5 count includes your two also check it out, Love ya Mom

Anonymous said...

Yo Kaylene - I've got a great job just WAITING for you! I'm just sayin'... :D Margaret