Thursday, December 18, 2008

I've decided that we are technological idiots! LOL

Our friends Tom and Lea gave us a big screen tv a few weeks ago. You'd think, cool, no big deal. Tom set it all up for us and everything. Nope, we've already had to have him come over 3 times to fix it. Once was cause Calli had her feet on the front while watching something and all of a sudden the sound went all crazy (turns out she turned on the surround sound). Then he had to come because some how the picture in picture got turned on and we couldn't figure out how to turn it off. Yesterday was the best of all.

Tuesday night I wanted the kids to clean up some before they went to bed, so I turned off the tv. They cleaned up everything and off they went. I turned the tv back on and it was freaking out. It has all these different set ups. Video 1, Video 2 and so on. It kept flashing from the picture to video 1. I did figure out that if you pushed the input button it would stop, but if you pushed anything on the remote again it would start all over. Very annoying. Then of course John decides he can fix it. After that, we got no picture at all!! LOL

So he comes over last night. He said he'd never heard of that happening, and he's in the business! Only us. So he's messing with it, checking it out, then he calls me in and says, something in the room is interfering. He covers the little thingy on the front and the flashing stops. So we're trying the lights, the tree, the switches, nothing. THEN, he moves the basket that's next to the tv with all the Wii stuff in it and it stops. Turns out that when the kids cleaned up they had put the remote to the old tv in the basket and one of the Wii remotes was pressing on it sending a signal to the tv to go to video 1. ONLY WE could have something so STUPID!!! LOL I told them to never give us anything ever again cause we're too much of a pain in the ass.

I finished making most of the pirogi. I still have some cheese ones to make cause those are my favorite so I bought extra. But the Christmas eve ones are all done. YAY ME. I gave Lea and Tom a batch last night (for their trouble) LOL I can't believe Christmas is next week already. Nick comes home yesterday and says, "Mom, next Tuesday we have an early dismissal and then we have off for a couple of days." I said, "I know Honey. Next week is Christmas." His mouth dropped open. He didn't realize that's why he had off. LOL I wrapped half of the presents last night before I ran out of tape and wrapping paper. I'll run to Walmart later and get some more.

I have to take Nick to the doctor this afternoon. He's been fighting a cold for over a week now. I've still been sending him to school though. Following the rules we grew up on. "If you don't have a fever and your not throwing up, then you go to school." I always hated that rule. LOL So he's had a nasty chest cold and some congestion. Today he woke up crying and said his ear really hurt. I hate that. It's just something you can't do anything to fix. I gave him some tylenol and promised him a doctor's appointment after school. I told him to go to the nurse if it gets too bad. Poor kid. He never gets sick. Of course the one time that he does, it's dragging on forever. Hopefully some antibiotics will kick it out of him.

Ok, off to do more laundry, it's never ending!

No comments: