Monday, December 29, 2008

What a long week! I think Christmas is just like a wedding. You plan for months and months and it's over in one day! Kind of a let down.

The kids made out pretty good. Unfortunately, I think Nick did better than Calli. He got way more stuff to "play" with. Calli got mostly art stuff, which is what she loves, but I noticed that besides that, she really didn't get many actual toys.

I got John a zip up fleece which I really like on him and a GPS, which he is in love with! He was pissed off at first cause Mr. Genius decided to go shopping for me on Christmas Eve of all days, and unfortunately the mortgage had gone through and wiped out our account so there was no money to buy me anything. Hence, the PO'd behavior cause he got stuff and I didn't. He did get me a set up for my phone that lets you download music onto it which is really cool.

I think when it comes to the holidays, I'm more of a giver than a receiver. I love the look on people's faces when they open the gifts I gave them. I think that's way more fun. I like to try to find something they really want. I'm totally fine with getting nothing really. I have too much crap already. The only thing I would really "need" is clothes. But I wouldn't want someone to buy them since at this point my clothes are only fitting for about a month. That's just a waste. So everyone being happy on the holiday is present enough for me.

John took the kids to his parents in the afternoon and they got a ton more stuff there. Nick got an Ipod and digital camera. Calli got a barbie horse and carriage and a couple of dolls. She also got the Crayola magic paint brush thing which is totally cool! Fiber optics ROCK!

Oh, speaking of the brat! She begged me for this stupid swimming baby doll. It was like $35 which was ridiculous, but she really wanted it, so fine, I got it. We put the batteries in, started the tub put her in and boom, she swims, really cool right.. WRONG. "Mommy, how do you make her not swim? I just want to play with her". WHAT??? I could have bought a $5 doll to do that! Arg. Well, unless you take out the batteries, it can't be turned off. Plus, it's all motorized, so if you start moving her arms and legs around, it'll break. Great. That's freaking money down the drain. Hopefully she'll like it more in the summer when the baby's swimming in the pool. Freaking kids!

Their favorite gifts were of course on of the cheapest! I bought them each back packs that had tents, sleeping bags and camping stuff in them. I got them for $10! We set them up in the play room and that is where my kids have slept since Christmas. LOL

So after a two week break, I told Lea yesterday that enough was enough and we needed to get back to our workouts. I feel like crud! She should be coming over today. We're doing it here cause both the boys are off of school and we have more room to play here. Plus the brakes on the car need to be done really bad, so John said not to drive it.

We got most of the Christmas stuff down last night. Didn't have time to do everything because yesterday was Lea's kids birthday party. They're only a couple weeks apart, so they do a combined party. After the party we went back to their house to hang out. We got home around 7pm and I was just fed up with looking at the mess. So I just started pulling down boxes and taking everything apart. I know, I'm bah humbug, but I wanted my house back. The living room is all done except for the mantel. Today I'm starting on the kitchen that looks like a hurricane went through it. Then laundry, then bedrooms, then I'll tackle the play room. I probably wont get to the play room today, but it's on my list of things to do ASAP. I want to get it back to a usable state. Calli's stuff is all still in her bedroom from the summer. I'd love to get some of those storage shelves like Michelle has, but we're too broke right now. Eventually I guess. I just need to get it straightened out right now.

Ok, off to begin! Nick just unloaded the dishwasher (rock on!) so now I have to go fill it back up again (boo)

Have a day folks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went past your house yesterday to drop alexis off at Jerry's... ALLLLLL your lights were on.. WTF lol. I couldn't stop because my parents were driving. I wrecked my car and it's in the shop. I'm not allowed to drive now because I had a seizure at the wheel last sunday. You will get your party light stuff back I swear. :(

Anonymous said...

LOLOL!!! Marea begged for the swimming doll too - it swims, which is cool, but she spent the entire time loving and playing with the squirty starfish that came with it! Darn that swimming baby!!!! :D Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! You know not to expect your Christmas card until after the new year, right?? :D Marg