Monday, December 8, 2008

Damn I'm tired! It's been a crazy few days.

Friday, Nick had a shrink appointment. The good news is that he's doing well and she's happy that I started him on all the vitamins. The bad news... that was the first time she met Calli and of course Calli threw one of her infamous tantrums. The doctor just kept looking at her and asked me a couple of questions. She then basically confirmed that Calli most likely has Asperger's too. Not a banner moment for me, but I guess I was expecting it. I held back the tears.... wow, I'm not now though. I think my mind is back to that, what did I do wrong, phase. I will forever have to realize that I fucked up my kids. Damnit. Ok, deep breath. Anyway, moving on. She said that we wont start her on any meds or even discuss any of that until after we see how she handles school. Girls are usually better than boys. We'll see.

Ok, so after that, we went to the DMV and got all the stuff taken care of for the new car then went and picked it up. YAYAY!! No more climbing over the seats. Oh and Donna... it's got a butt warmer like yours!! LOL So, anyone want a POS Van??? It runs really well. I like it.

Saturday we did a little more dog hunting. I don't know if I mentioned that before. We've been looking at shelters and stuff cause John's been asking for a "real dog". LOL Our Maggie is a tiny thing and he's used to big dogs. Nothing has been really catching his attention and the ones that were had an OUTRAGEOUS adoption fee. It's crazy. Some of them wanted up to $275. That's just insane.

Sunday... Ahhh Sunday. Sunday was a killer. Ok, so back story. Since the beginning of time, Gramma hand made the perogi for Christmas Eve dinner. Which is a large undertaking considering that the kids now have kids and there's a lot of people to feed. Our traditional Christmas Eve dinner consists of breaded and fried fish, perogi and clam chowder. Ham has been added in the last few years. Plus a few odds and ends that unfortunately, I can't remember but they aren't the main focus of dinner.

Since Gramma passed away a few years ago, we have switched to store bought perogi. Which anyone who has had that and home made knows there is NO comparison. But since my Aunt Pat does the holidays at her house and if you remember from my previous post, a Thanksgiving that feeds a small county! We can't expect her to hand make perogis too. That's just way to much for one person.

So this year I decided that I wanted the real thing and I was going to attempt to make them. HA! Ok, so I've tried before and although I can make the filling perfect, I can not make the dough. I told Mom I was going to do it and she volunteered to come and help. Silly Silly woman. LOL So I call her when I'm shopping and say, Aunt Pat says to make about 150. How many potatoes should I buy? She says, oh, 10 pounds should be good. Ok, 10 pounds. Arg! Let me tell you, 10 pounds IS MORE THAN ENOUGH!! LOL

She got here around 10 am and left around 5 pm and we still had half a pot (the huge corn pots) of potato and cheese. We did figure out the dough though!! YAY. And I have to say, I make damn good triangles. I can't say the same for Mom's though. Attention Family: Any funky looking perogis were made by Barbara! Love you Mom and thanks for all the help. We were exhausted by the end of the day. My palms are still killing me from all the rolling and I'm still not done. I figure I'll wait until the pain dies down a little bit before I finish them. We ended up making about 250 of them. HA, anyone hungry??? OH and I made the plain cheese ones this year. We haven't had them since Gramma made them. You can't buy them in a store. They're made with farmer's cheese and were always my favorite.

Today I took Nick for his first appointment with the DAN! doctor (Defeat Autism Now). She's wonderful. I really like her. She said I was doing good with the vitamins and would stick with that. She's having me do a urine test, fecal test and .... blood work (FUCK!!!) I told John we have to do it when he's home cause it takes 6-8 people to hold him down. But the test will give her a lot to work with.

We also talked about Calli and we'll do her workup at the same time as Nick's follow up to get the test results. She said, "She doesn't look healthy". I said I know! That's how she always looks, sallow, pale, dark circles under her eyes. She noticed the distended belly and I mentioned the constant vaginal issues and the begging for food which she said is most likely a yeast build up and the constant food is feeding the yeast. So maybe we'll get both these kids straightened out a little bit. We'll see.

Ok, wow, I can't believe I forgot the worst part!! Stupid me went on Craig's List to look for dogs for john and found him a few. He picked one in Newton to go see. And... CAME HOME WITH IT!! And of course, all this time we've been looking at adult dogs, fully grown, house broken, all that. What does he bring home??? A 15 week old puppy!! Arg. Ok, so he's really cute. They said he is a shepard/pit mix. They had taken a litter of pups from someone who wasn't caring for them and they were left outside all the time. They were giving them away to good homes. He's very sweet and loves Calli to death. He follows her around and lays with her on the couch. Whenever she leaves the room, he just cries. LOL The bad part, of course John works all day. So guess who is house training! ME! Although, I do have to say, Nick has been great. If I'm not in the room and the dog goes on the floor. Nick puts him outside AND CLEANS IT UP!! How awesome is that!! I'm very proud of him. So now we have the two cats, Mocha and Muffin, and our Maggie so I told John he had to have an M name. So now we have a Mason.

Like I don't have enough to do!

No comments: