Wednesday, October 29, 2008

So that little dusting on my car turned into about 4-5 inches throughout the day. It became total mayhem around here since no one was prepared for SNOW IN OCTOBER!!

Mom ended up staying here because most of the roads were closed and she couldn't get home. And then there was poor Nick...

My poor poor baby! The bus driver called me at 2pm and said, just wanted to let you know that roads are a mess and we are definitely going to be late. Ok, no problem. Then she calls me 1/2 hour later (when kids are normally picked up) and says, I can't get out of Hackettstown. WHAT?? After multiple calls back and forth trying to find a way out, she finally finds a cop that tells her she's not going anywhere. She asks me if I can go get them. Uhm, first of all, that's not my job, second, I'll have to wait for John to get home because I'm not driving in this with my daughter in the car and third, the school is only going to let me take MY kid, they wont release the other 3 to me. I told her to call her boss. She did and he said he would go pick them up (which should have been decided on an hour before). He finally picked up the kids at 4pm. My poor baby didn't get home until 6:30 last night. I gave him a pass on homework and let him go play in the snow. Considering he had been gone for going on 12 hours, I figured he'd need the reprieve.

Calli thought it was great. She got to play in the snow. She got to play with Grandma, which included doing her hair, brushing, clipping, putting in green spray. And she got to have hot chocolate. It was a fun filled evening for her.

We lost power and cable multiple times, but all was well. We are no worse for the wear. I'll upload some picks when I can.

HA, Calli just heard the weather report and she yelled to me... MOM, two more days of sunny and then it's HALLOWEEN!!

Ok, I'm off to call for firewood. We're running dangerously low.

2 comments:

Mira said...

Hey cousin! So do you have any 18/20 "fat" clothes I can have. I can buy them from you but not until I have a bit more money. Obviously nothing super warm. It's SoCal. I'm wearing shorts and sleeveless tops right now! Love you. Let me know, and how much. BTW: Congratulations!!!!! (And give my second cousins big kisses and hugs!)

Anonymous said...

Christine had dinner at school and didn't get home until 8:30!!! There was no power in the school, and still isn't. They haven't had school since Tuesday. Schooley's Mtn is still closed and the valley has no power at all - Dr. Mike's, Dunkin Donuts - all of it...

WTF!? This is NUTS!
Donna