Tuesday, October 28, 2008

This is what I woke up to this morning!! WTF!! It's OCTOBER!! There's no SNOW in October!! I actually had to go out and shovel the porch so Nick didn't fall on his butt. It's too early for snow. I'm sad! The kids on the other hand were jumping up and down screaming! YAY SNOW!! SANTA'S COMING! HA LOL Remember when we were that age and loved the snow? That's before we had to shovel it and drive in it. Arg. Mom called this morning to tell me that she had 3 inches already and they were calling for a couple more. There were a ton of trees down and all the power was out. They are running on a generator. The ground isn't frozen yet so the weight of all the snow uprooted the trees. HA, that's what you get for moving out to the sticks!! Love you Mom.

So, funny story. It seems I need to get my perfect vision checked. Every morning I weigh myself (I know you're not supposed to!). Right before I get in the shower, when I'm all naked (no added weight please!) I jump on the scale to see what it says. Today I got on the scale as normal and looked and thought ok, 213, that's fine. And got off. Then went... UHM, WAIT A MINUTE!! Looked at the scale again, got back on... realized I've been reading the damn thing wrong. It didnt say 213... it said 205!!! I was miss reading the marks. (Need a digital one!) That's right friends. I am now down 52 POUNDS in 2 1/2 months!!! I haven't been this weight in eight years, since I had Nick. One more pound and I'll beat that record. And then I wont have been that weight in .... uhm.... in about 19 years... holy crap. I went into high school at 225.

Definetly keeps you motivated! WOO HOO Bring on the skinny jeans!

Off to do preschool with Calli. I'm making her do some book work so she doesn't fall behind.

Cassy will be here in 12 days! YAY

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WTF IS RIGHT!!!! What's that old wive's tale? The date of the first snow is the number of snowstorms you'll have during the winter??? AAAACK!! Farmer's almanac says this is going to be a snowy winter and *the coldest winter in recorded history.* !!!! Farmer's is right 80% of the time. Let's hope they're WAY off base this year!!!

BTW - DEP is calling this year's Acorn crop a FAILURE, which means bears (who mainly eat acorns to fatten up for winter hibernation) may not be able to hibernate!! They think preggo/nursing bears will, but males may not go down at all - and be much more desperate to get food. Just be aware!! Hugs - Margaret