Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hey People, Seriously need to know if anyone is coming to the party... Anyone Anyone?

We had a miracle on Saturday. Nick's team actually WON A GAME!!! We played against Jefferson (who had lost all their games as well). I was watching Nick and realized that when he was on defence he would get down, then get up and stand there with his hands up just waiting for the guys to come at him. I pulled him aside and said, don't wait Bud. As soon as that ball moves you plow right in between the guys in front of you and hit the dude with the ball. A few plays later (and me yelling from the side lines to remind him every play), that's exactly what he did and he PUMMELLED the quarterback. WOO HOOOO GO NICK!! He was so proud of himself. He ended up with two sacks this game.

I think the parents were more excited than the kids. We were all standing on the side lines just screaming!! LOL They did good and at least they can say they won one game.

I made John help me clean today. I'm sick of this disastrous house. I'm really trying to go through room by room and clear out. It took me about 2 hours to do the computer desk on Friday. Arg. I spent most of today in the bathroom. There was shit in the cabinets that expired in 2002. Yeah, I'd say that's not good anymore. LOL Stuff just gets pushed to the back and you forget about it. Now it's all nice and neat in there. ... ... ... for now. I figure if we focus on one or two rooms every Sunday, by the time the party rolls around, we'll be in good shape. (if anyone comes... damn, I need more friends - or at least less busy ones)

Update on the van. Most of you know that in MAY!! my driver's side door jammed shut and has been stuck that way ever since. We've had multiple people try to get it open and it's a no go. Friday we went over to Donna's and her son took a turn. We ended up ripping off the inside panel to get at the part and it still wont budge. It's just not worth it anymore. I told John we should see what we could get for it as a trade in and buy a used car. (Unless anyone has a car they don't want anymore that runs and all the doors open??) LOL It has to be inspected in a couple of months and it's going to fail. Might as well get something else now, or at least start looking.

OH, I forgot. I went for my interview and from what it sounds I'm exactly what they are looking for and have all the qualifications. They said they would let me know in a few weeks. If I get this job it will be a cake walk! It's basically what I did as an Admin for Cendant for a department of 60 people and 500 entities except this company is 3 people and 5 entities!! Rock on! Plus they are really easy on hours and such. They're like, "We don't take a head count here. You come in when you come in and your leave when you leave. As long as your work is done, we don't care." NO MORE FACE TIME!!!! Gotta love it. I was soooo not interested in going on this interview, now I'm glad I did. We'll see what happens.

Going to veg out before dinner. Don't forget to let me know that you are coming. Stroke my ego folks, it's freaking depressing.

3 comments:

Shell said...

Congrats on Nick's game and your interview!!! We are coming to your party as is Eric and Liz I believe. I think we talked Allison into it and she will be our DD. I will work on Mark and Kim. But you better promise me rum balls!!!

Shell said...

Oh, I forgot, Tim wants Broccolli:P

kj said...

hey! that's great news that nick's team won. sounds like he did an awesome job. and congrats on the interview! i hope you hear back and it's good news. i think i've convinced mark to come to your party. i asked my friend beth and her boyfriend dave so i'll keep you posted if they're coming too