Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Steak is not my friend. It's soooo yummy, but I guess I don't chew it well enough or eat too much, but damn. It wasn't even a stomach ache. It was just pure pain, like it was stuck (which it probably was). The puking lasted a while and I felt like I pulled all the muscles in my chest. Then I get up this morning and I can barely move my legs from yesterdays workout. I don't think working out today would be a good idea. I think it might cause more damage than good. I'm sure Lea will talk me into it, but I'd have to do all upper body, and that all hurts too. I don't want to do something major. Knowing my luck, I'd tear a muscle or something and then not be able to do anything for weeks. I think I'll lay low today and stick to laundry. Cross your fingers that Lea agrees.

TV TALK

I have become addicted to the Duggar family. You know them, the ones with the 17 children and one on the way. They live in a HUGE beautiful house in AR that they built BY HAND themselves. Anyway, they have a new weekly show on. Last night, their oldest son Joshua, now 20, called some chicks parents and asked to "formaly court his daughter". Ok, now in our world, that's cute and that would mean dating... not in the Dugger world. In the Dugger world, it means he PROPOSES to the girl and they get to know each other during their engagement. Not only is that bizarre, but they are only allowed to hold hands. There is no intimate contact allowed at all, including kissing, until the wedding day. Hmm okkkkkk. They have to have a chaperone with them at all times. Now, if this was me, I'd run away from home. Not only are they ok with all of this, but ALL 17 of the Dugger kids are on the same page. "Oh no, it makes it so much more special if you save the first kiss till the wedding day" WHAT??? What if they are really sucky kissers and you're now stuck with a wet slobbery kisser for the rest of your life? Hey, to each his own. The Dugger's have a happier home life than ANYONE I know so they must be doing something right.

So, I go to bed last night and I'm flipping through the chanels and realize that the world is coming to an end. I mean, what is happening when they have televised the "National Rock, Paper, Scissors Championship". ???? That's right folks, it seems that our old game of throwing out hands to see who wins something is a.... dare I say.... Sport??? Tell me it ain't so!!! Of course, I got sucked in and had to see who one the ... get this... $50,000 grand prize. SHIT, If I knew I could win $50,000 for THAT, I would have been in a long time ago. What the Hell??? I just don't get it. I mean, seriously. What's more unbelievable is that they put it on TV. That's just wrong. I'm sure there are much better things people can be doing with their time. And yes, I know that I watched it, but that was only for a journalistic point of view so that I could report this nonsence to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love your blog - it makes me smile. :)

we closed on the house and are moving closer to you in a couple weeks - Mount Olive. :)