Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

To all my Canadian friends that is! Hee Hee

So, I'm supposed to do some call today in about 20 minutes for a job at Cadbury (yup, the candy people). The only problem is it's in the tax department. Arg. I don't really want to do that again. Tax is a pain in the ass. Everyone is stressed ALL THE TIME and they work insane hours. I don't want to say straight off, No, I wont work overtime, but she has to be aware that during busy season (which for tax is like, 9 months out of the year) I can't stay till 8pm. We'll see what happens. Hey, if they offer me a crap load of money, I can't really say no I guess. Not that I want to go back to work at all.

It's crazy being home. There's ALWAYS something to do. Whether it be cleaning, cooking, laundry, baths, shopping, bills, kids, it's just never ending. I don't know how I ever got anything done working full time. I don't want to give this up, but I know unemployment will only last so long. Bah Humbug. Why can't unemployment just pay me forever? Or why can't they offer to double John's salary? I shouldn't bitch though, considering they layed off a couple people at his work last week. I should just be happy he has a job.

We were standing around football practice the other night with a bunch of other parents and John was the only one in the group with a job.. (SHOCKER, I KNOW!!!) They were all talking about how their companies were just laying people off left and right. It's a scary time. I'm just picturing us turning into the poor from the great depression and everyone standing on line for a loaf of bread and a hunk of cheese that needs to last us for a week. HA Talk about a diet! I'm sure it will turn around sooner or later.

Ok, this lady is gonna call soon. Gotta go bond and gag the kids.

No comments: