Friday, October 24, 2008

Clutzy Week

Wednesday, Calli and I went to the mall. We stopped at Sears so I could look at those exercise ball things. She was climbing on one of the bikes and I promptly told her to get down. I turn around and a few seconds later I turn back and said, Callihan, come here... to watch her immediately fall off one of the treadmills and bash her face into the side of it. Sears employees came SWARMING out of the wood works. "Is she ok? We'll get ice" (please don't sue!) HA. She scratched her nose and forehead and they were swollen, but besides that, she was fine.

We come home and get Nick ready for football. I made Calli stay home with me that night cause it was too cold. John and Nick walk out the door and walk back in about 30 seconds later with Nick crying. I'm like, what the hell did John yell at him for, they just walked out? Then John says, Go in the kitchen buddy. Hmm, ok. He comes to me and I see blood coming out his nose! OMG What the hell happened?? Turns out he missed the last step and went face first into the van. His nose was swelling. After some icing, we checked it out and figured it wasn't broken, but probably close to it. He said, I think I can still play football. Awwwww.

Yesterday, Lea watched Calli for me while I went to another BORING unemployment seminar thing they make you go to. When I got back to her house, no one was answering the door so I walked around back to see if the tv was on. As I was coming back to the front, my foot slipped off the brick path, into the ditch beside it and completely twisted. OMG, I was standing in her back yard SCREAMING as she was calling my cell to tell me they were at McDonald's. So I hobbled back to my car and drove home to sit on the couch with my Boo Boo Clifford and wait for them. It's the same ankle that I've torn the ligaments in twice and the one I broke at shoprite. It's just not having a good life. Today, I have a pretty bad limp and if I step wrong, I'm screaming. Needless to say, workout are on hold. I did end up getting the exercise ball though, so I'll do some crunches today.... maybe.

Let's see, I haven't heard from Jessy, Lisa, Margaret, Aunt Irene, Jackie, Wilson, Valerie and a few others. Come to the party, it'll be fun!! Hell, Nick's teacher is even coming!!

Off to ice my ankle. Later gators!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Like mother like child! I can so see all this happening! I'm sorry it did though. Hope all are better soon! Congrats on the weight loss btw! I need to do something! Southbeach anyone?

Unknown said...

you need to make the post that there will be no BROCCOLI served at any of my parties (only a small handful for me) Feel free to copy and post.