Monday, August 11, 2008

This is going to be a VERY long blog, so hang in there folks!

Tuesday morning I had to get up early. I am NOT a morning person. I was brought into the back room pretty quickly and they started hooking me up to everything. The had me all ready and the doc comes in and says, "Ok, just so you know, I just left the party 20 minutes ago, so I should be good." HA LOL Then... uhm... crap, I don't remember. I don't remember leaving the prep room or getting into the O R. Weird.

I then remember hearing aliens talking, feeling an amazing amount of pain, AMAZING AMOUNT OF PAIN, saying OMG, I can't handle this. The aliens saying something about, ok, we're going to change your pain medicine. I then remember being wheeled out and hearing John say "It's about time!". Supposedly the dr. had come out after about an hour and told him everything went ok, but they left me in recovery for hours and hours. Don't know what was up with that.

In my room... Don't know how I got there. Just know I was there. They set me all up and I don't remember much else. I had one of these sponge on a stick things that I could clean my mouth with.. nasty. I ended up just swishing water in my mouth and then spitting it out. Mom came after John left and hung for a while.

Day Two - I had a couple bought of vomiting, well dry heaving really since there was nothing in there, which was horrid. they had me on Delauded, a very strong pain medicine. They wanted me to get up and pee. I had some real problems getting the pee out. It didn't wanna come out! I also kept falling asleep on the potty. So I didn't push my pain button for hours so that I could do a little bit of walking. Well, it still felt like I was hitting the button. I was in a constant haze, in and out of sleep and not able to stay coherent for very long. Well, since I always like to be in control... as most of you know... I started to freak out. The nurses came in and I just started bawling!! Totally freaking out. I do remember hugging the nurse at some point. I don't know. Like I said, totally out of it. Well, they immediately removed the pain meds. Seems this is not a very good reaction. HA I went to shots of morphine and percocet. Right after that, Shelly showed up (I think it was after that) She got her hair cut and looks really pretty. I don't remember what we talked about or how long she was there. But I remember her hair cut.

Mom, John and the kids came later. Don't remember much of that. Then sleep again. Wake up to try to pee, sleep, walk a little, sleep, pee, throw up a little. It was a very hazy 3 days.

Thursday, The dr. came in around 10. Said everything looked good. He said "You ready to go home?" I said .. uhm NO. He said "Great, let's get the tube out and call your ride." Uhm... k. The tube... yeah, so they have this drainage tube coming out of your tummy going to a bulb thing that they drain. I said, is this gonna hurt, he says.. "Noooooo , ok, on four. 1, 2" PULL. OMG. That was the most awful, bizarre feeling. He pulled out like 3 feet of tubing that was all wrapped up inside me. Just sooo weird. Hurt a little, but just mostly really weird.

I called John and said, k, come get me. He's like, huh? So I went home. My friend Margaret came to pick up Calli and took her for a play date. They went swimming in the lake and late lunch at Mcy D's so the girls could play in the play room. That day wasn't too bad. Kept on my pain meds.

Friday I realized that all that pushing to try to pee gave me a roid... oh joy. Never had one of those and it wasn't too bad. Mom went home... booo hooo hooo. I told her that when she retires, she needs to move in here and be our housekeeper. She kept up with everything. It was so great to have her.

Saturday I got up and did something stupid. I had John drive me down the shore to a baby shower. It was for my friend from high school that I hadn't seen in years and I really didn't want to miss it. We left pretty late unfortunately. We ended up hitting a lot of traffic and it took us 2 1/2 hour to get down there. The kids were on the brink of death. They couldn't stop the entire way, touching, hitting, fighting, screaming... omg... it was horrible. When we got there, she was sooo surprised to see me. I'm glad. Made the trip worth it. She opened her presents and then people started to leave. John came back with the kids and we ate lunch there. (They had pizza, I had really way to salty onion soup - just the broth) Then we headed back. Only took about an hour and a half to get back.

Well, 4 hours in the car with a small roid makes a very big painful roid. I was up most of the night. At 3 am I was only looking for a cure. I got up in the morning just crying in pain. John ran to the store to buy me stuff. Then I went to take a warm bath since that's supposed to help. As I go in to take my clothes off, I realize that my leg hurt. Look down and the entire top half of my thigh is bright red. Looked like a had a really bad sunburn. Felt that way too. John said it looked funny. So after my bath I called Mom, who said call the Dr. Dr. said, sounds like cellulitus. Get to the ER and spend 4 hours there which was not fun. Cellulitus was the correct diagnosis. Turns out it was something that I had to have gotten in the hospital. They made me do a round of antibiotics through IV before I left and sent me home with a script. I also got stuff for my roid! YAYAY. The stuff the ER gave me for the roid works SOOOO much better then the shit we bought at the store.

Got home and was running a pretty good fever. I was freezing! Felt pretty crappy. But I slept well last night.

I got up this morning feeling pretty good. I go to the Dr. today to get all my staples out and to get weighed in. I'll let you know what happens,... I have a pretty good idea though. :o)

Ok, before I boar you all to death....

Signing off!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow that was fucking long...

I'm glad you survived!!! Good luck with losing weight. I hope everything goes well medically.

I went to doc and I have a 2cm nodule on my left thyroid, that's the reason for my weight gain...hopefully I'll get pills and get skinny again with you ;-)