Monday, August 18, 2008

Friday night we see a commercial for a car dealership that's having some big Dukes of Hazzard day. John Schneider was going to be there. (He played Bo for those of you who don't know) Since the kids love Dukes of Hazzard (and so do we) we figured we'd go.

Ok, should have left WAY earlier. We waited in line for 2 hours!! Thank god it was under a tent. I had to sit a couple times cause my tummy wasn't liking standing there. They had free burgers, dogs, snacks and drinks so the kids didn't complain too much. When we finally got up there at about 2pm... Can I tell you... that man had been STANDING there greeting people since 10 am and he was the sweetest thing! We had read that his son also has A.S. and we asked. He said oh yes, and actually took a couple minutes to talk to us about it. I was so impressed by him. We have a picture and I'll post it as soon as I can. 25 years later and he's still gorgeous!

Yesterday was a really nice day. John blew up the jumpoleen which is too small for Nick really, but since it was so cheap, we didn't care and let them jump in it. Later, we put it in the pool and the kids had a blast. The water was wayyyy toooooo cooolllldddd, but they were in it anyway.

Then at like 7 I said, how about we go for a walk? We walked around the lake. A real nice walk. We decided to do that every night. And on nights that Nick has football, we'll walk around the field. I can't quite work out yet but I thought walking would be ok. Although... my left side is hurting a lot. I left a message for the nurse to ask her if it's normal.

Ok, update...

As of today (2 weeks post surgery)... I am down 27 pounds. John and Mom say they can see it... I still can't really. Oh well, I'm sure I will soon. I was 257 at the start of surgery and I'm at 230 now. That is 2 pounds less then my high school weight. My lowest weight was 205 after I had Nick. So I still have 26 pounds till I beat that. I just can't wait to get under 200. Too see 199 ... I think I'll cry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you...

Congrats on having the surgery and the weight loss! You never looked "big" to me - I always thought you looked great in your pictures! Kudos to you for taking charge and doing this though!

Erin

Anonymous said...

Wow how great are you. Walking and getting out. Sounds like you are getting more energy. Soon you will be a morning person like your Mom ha ha . Keep up the good work Love Mom