Saturday, August 2, 2008

Sorry, I haven't written in a while. Not much was going on.

Thursday was the football meet and greet. They had a little bbq for everyone to meet their coaches. It was fun. I talked to the head coach to find out where Nick was supposed to go. After looking at him, he said, ok, go over there to that group. They had told me at sign ups that Nick would be on the flag football teams this year. He really wasn't happy about that. He didn't like the idea of not being able to actually tackle. lol Well, turns out that the group they put him in is pre-clinic, which is full contact tackle. OH LORD SAVE ME. He is THRILLED. He was so happy even when they had them run sprints. Monday is his first practice and he's bouncing off the walls in anticipation. Now, I know... I was the one who said from birth that my son will NEVER play football. It was too dangerous a sport. And now... well, I still believe it's totally deadly, but it'll be good for him to get some exercise and burn off some aggression. Again, Lord Save Me.

Yesterday we went to the NJ State Fair (better known as the Sussex County Farm and Horse Show). For those of you that don't know, this fair is massive! We were there for 7 hours. That's right, I said SEVEN HOURS. By 9pm, the kids wanted to do more rides, but we were exhausted and broke. We said no and then of course 5 minutes later, they realized they could barely walk anymore. They won stuffed animals, ate their hearts out, did rides, watched shows, did the pig races, rode the elephants and ponies. They had a very full day.

Oh, they have a huge green house there and the "Master Gardner's of NJ" were there. It's a group of ladies that offer advice on gardening. I asked them for something that I could plant and not kill. They thought I was kidding... I wasn't. I kill everything. I have black thumbs. They gave me something called Wegilia. It's a SHRUBBERY!! (From the Knights who say NIH!) It's got dark purpley leaves and she said they get little pink flowers on them. Cross your fingers folks. I'm gonna try to plant it tomorrow. Ug.

Today, we woke up with plans to go to Wild West City. We live right down the street from this place. Literally 1/2 a mile down the road and Nick hasn't been there since he was two and Calli has never been there (except for the easter egg hunts). So, we get ready, head out the door towards some breakfast, get 2 min down the road and what happens... DOWN POUR! So as we are eating our breakfast and watching the cats and dogs hit the pavement, we realized that going to Wild West City where it is walking along dirt roads that would now be mushy mud, was NOT the best idea. It started to let up a little so we thought maybe Space Farms. We asked the kids which they wanted to do and Space Farms won.

It turned out to be a very fun day. We walked around Space Farms, saw and fed all the animals (I'll post the pictures of the kids bottle feeding a baby calf. So cute) and looked at all the antique toys, cars, and farm equipment. Lions and Tigers and Bears.. OH MY.

2 more days folks....

No comments: