Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I forgot to tell my story from the weekend. On Saturday I drove down the shore to my Aunt's house for my little cousin's 3rd birthday. He's the cutest little thing you've ever seen. We had a really fun day. The kids played football in the yard. The funniest thing was that Calli wiped the floor with the boys and made 2 touchdowns! HA LOL

So we pack it up to drive home. John calls (he had to go to some safety training thing for work) and said he had the guy he car pooled with drop him off about 7 - 8 miles away from our house and that he was walking home. (the guy was annoying and John didn't want to sit in the car with him anymore. lol Cause we all know how patient John is!) So I was like, well we've left already, so I'll pick you up about 1/2 way home.

Did you know that sun glare can make it so that you can't see any signs on the highway? I ended up on the wrong highway. Lordy. But, it was 1 & 9. I said, no big deal, I can take that up. Forgetting of course that I had to get on 78. So, me and the kids took a lovely trip through Newark, Jersey City and Hoboken (for those of you that don't live around here... not the BEST areas of Jersey). We went over the lovely Polaski Skyway (that's scary). So, as we're driving dangerously close to the Holland Tunnel, Nick's in the back seat yelling, "CALLI, Look, the Empire State Building!! We're going to New York!!" Considering I had all of $10 on me and the tunnel costs like $8 or something, I said, Not if I can help it!! John called and said, How's it going.... Not so good honey. LOL

After driving around Hoboken for about 20 minutes, I finally found signs to get me back where I was going. Needless to say, a drive that should have taken about an hour, hour and a half took me 2 1/2 hours. The funniest thing... I picked up John about 1/4 mile from our house! LOL Poor guy.

Well, at least it showed how much the kids really want to go into the city. HA Maybe when we have some money we'll take a trip in. Go to the top of the Empire State Building. That'll be fun. I've been wanting to take them to the Central Park Zoo anyway. We're booked up for quite a while. FOOTBALL!!

OH, Nick got weighed in last night and he ... MADE WEIGHT!! YAYAYAYAYAY We're very happy. This week is all football. Practice Monday - Thursday, a pep rally on Friday and a scrimmage on Saturday. At least he's enjoying it.

Our roomates are moving out Sunday/Monday. She's getting the truck Sunday but can't move into the house until Monday. We're going to help her pack up on Sunday, but we have plans with Shelly for Monday. So my house will finally be stinky dog free next week!! YAYAY

Here's a good story for you. Last night Heather and I are sitting here watching one of those documentaries on the Duggers (the family with 17 kids) and I hear Maggie outside barking like crazy. Then I hear what sounded like garbage cans outside. THEN, I put 2 and 2 together and said, Oh shit, BEAR. So we run out to the deck and peak around to see if we can see it. Then realize it wasn't the garbage cans, it was Heather's cooler. That's the second time they got the cooler. LOL She like, damnit, get me a flashlight. I said, what are you gonna do when a 500 pound black bear decides not to give you back your cooler???? Dumb Ass. We went up to my room and went out the back deck to look. He had the cooler dragged up into the back yard and we heard him back in the woods. He didn't come back out.

UNTIL... lol. I went out this morning to take Calli to school and saw that he decided the cooler didn't have enough in it (juice boxes and snack stuff for Heather's kids) cause one of the garbage cans was pulled back there too and opened all over. Damn Bears!! At least be out there when we're looking for you so we can take your picture!! hee hee hee

Ok, now that I talked long enough to avoid work.... gotta go do some.

No comments: