Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The joys of waking up late

The alarm went off at 5:45. HA! Yeah right. That’s just a warning.

The alarm went off at 6:00. Yeah ok, I still have a half hour.

The alarm went off at 6:15. Yay! I still have 15 more minutes

My son comes in screaming that his bus is outside. The alarm says 7:08. Huh??

Dja ever wonder how that happens? I mean, I’m sure in my slumber I turned off the alarm instead of snoozing it. But I have no memory of that. I think my angels felt I needed another ½ hour of sleep.

BUT there are consequences to that you silly angels and unless you plan to help out that morning... leave the alarm alone. Now I had to race around getting both kids ready plus myself. And you know my darling little monster daughter decided to take her sweet time on every single task. It took her 5 minutes to get on one sock. Why is it that when you’re in a hurry they slow down? Of course I didn’t get to shower (eewwww) which as said in my previous post, I don’t function without. So, now semi comatosed, I’m running through the house yelling for teeth brushing, shoe applications and coat adornments.

Why? Why did I completely flip out? Makes no sense. Of course I had to call work to tell them I’d be late. So, if they knew and Nick was getting dropped off by me… why hurry so much? Just get there when you get there. I guess adrenaline kicks in.

Needless to say, I made it to work only 45 min late. And now I’m here thinking… why didn’t I stay in bed?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I hate waking up late. Even more than I hate waking up late is rushing...when you're late, you're late. Call and tell them and get there when u get there...no use stressing...we all know NJ traffic is the worst.

Mira said...

I hate waking up late too. It seems to affect the whole rest of the day. I hope the rest of the week is better for you!