Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Husband as I see him

I didn't know what to blog about today and John said to do it about him and how wonderful he is.  LOL  He is wonderful so here goes.

He works hard and has become a very good father and husband.  It was a long road and many trials, but I think we've finally figured us out.  Well, maybe not totally, but pretty damn close.  I am not going to get into our past problems because that is just what they are, the past.  We've learned from them and are better for it.  We hope that we'll never be back there again.

He's funny.  He cracks me up every day.  When the kids are making me crazy and I'm ready to pull my hair out, he's my comic relief.  There are days that I want to smack him for making me laugh.  You know those times that you just want to stay angry cause that's the mood you're in.  He usually doesn't let that last.

He's very caring.  Not many guys could handle all my medical issues.  I've been sick through two pregnancies.  Bed rest for one which ended in an emergency C-section.  I've had gastric bypass surgery, a grand maul seizure and just recently, spinal surgery.  All of which were major and needed hands on care.  And he was there.  I think he likes feeling needed, which he is always needed, but those situations call for a lot more.  I bet it's cause he likes to be in charge for once.  I'm usually the boss around here, but at those times, I have no choice but to let him take over.  That is really hard for me, but in the end, it's nice to get the break and to have someone else do it.

He's very handy!  He can do just about anything.  He can fix the car, fix the wall, build a table, change the socket, fix the pipe, and change the grout.  His favorite line is "I can build that!"  Anything I see that I like, he always makes that comment.  I have a list a mile long with the things he is going to make me that I've never seen.  Not that he can't, he just doesn't.  LOL  I did get a lovely mirror and a refinished table.  So there's that.  When we win the lottery and he doesn't have to work anymore, I bet I'll have a ton of stuff "Handcrafted by John". 

He's super handsome.  I do have to say, I lucked out.  I got a good lookin' guy!  I love his goatee and he's got the softest hair.  Yum.

He's not the most romantic guy, but he tries really hard and I don't really know how to be romantic either, so it works out.  I got roses for my birthday yesterday which was super sweet.  All I need is the little things.  Make me a cup when you make your own.  Do the dishes once in a while.  Throw in some laundry.  I'm not to hard to please.  One less thing for me to do is really romantic!

We're about to make some very big decisions for our family and I worry that they wont be the right ones, but he is reassuring and encouraging.  We can make these together and not fear that one or the other is making all the choices, which leads to bad things.  Together is better.

He's not perfect.  He's as messy as the kids.  He leaves his shoes in the dining room and dishes everywhere.  When he has a runny nose (like today) he insists he's DYING! - but that's all men!  He snores (but he says I do too and I have perfected the silencer nudge) He doesn't take care of his health and he eats to many things that are bad for him.  But since I am far from perfect, I don't think I could be with a perfect guy.  Our imperfections are what make us more interesting and love each other more for it.

Here's to a long life together and kicking the kids out so we can have us time.  Old folks in rocking chairs on the front porch yelling at the neighbor kids for being on our lawn.

No comments: