Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Snow Day Doings


Our snow day became a cooking day.  I made home made pizza for lunch, these zeppolies for a snack and crock pot chili for dinner.  I planned on some strawberries and bananas dipped in chocolate too, but didn't get around to it. 

The boys spent a lot of time outside shoveling for the second time this week.  We live on a small street but half of it is in the Borough and the other half is in the Township.  The plows came by and started on the township side and pushed it down to our side.  Our neighbor actually stopped the truck and yelled at them.  He said, "That's the townships snow.  We don't want that down here!  Give it back to them!"  He bitched enough that the guy actually DID IT!!  Are you kidding me?  I would have plowed over his car.  He actually turned around and pushed it back up the street.  Because these guys didn't have enough to do today.  Lets tell them which direction to plow the snow.  Some people just have nothing else to do but make others miserable.  He needs a cookie to cheer the hell up!

We had received another large amount of snow last night which was then covered with a thick layer of ice .  Not fun for shoveling.  Since I had spinal surgery recently, I am banned from any shoveling.  Luckily, we had a son for that.  Unfortunately, said son has Asperger's and his concentration level is that of a dog with a squirrel running by.  I basically had to stand at the window and say,
"Nick, shovel"
"Nick, don't slide across the deck on the ice"
"Nick, don't throw the snow into the pool"
"Nick, don't throw ice at your sister"
"Nick, shovel the stairs"
"Shovel the stairs"
"Shovel the stairs"
"Shovel the stairs"

I don't think the stairs ever actually got shoveled.  But, most of the deck was cleared.  Good enough.  We're very much a "good enough" family.  I don't need perfection, I just need done.

I'm no where near a perfectionist unless we're talking about my cakes or my crocheting.  I'll pull a hat apart 10 times if I don't like the way it looks.  And my cakes... oh lord.  I'm a nightmare when I have to do a cake.  I get so stressed out and want it perfect.  I'll work on it till it looks like the picture in my head or better!  When it comes to anything else, Meh!  Whatever. 

No comments: