Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Old People Shopping

I went to the grocery store today after physical therapy (which hurt a lot by the way!) and it was fairly empty. Had to get my MILK AND BREAD!!! for the storm tomorrow, which is proceeded by Monday's storm and to be followed by this weekends storm. We should have snow to the roof by next week.  And the kids will be going to school till August. 

So anyway, by the time I hit the 4th isle (I'm an up and down shopper) the old folks homes must have dropped off 3 bus loads.  It was so crowded in an instant. 

Old people are hysterical to watch shop.  I like the couples.  They're so cute.  They are couponing, checking every label, arguing over products but very in sync and in love otherwise. The sweetness just oozes off of them.  I hope John and I end up that way.  Although, having him go shopping with me will result in a cart of devil dogs and chocolate milk.

The little, old single men are usually polite, sweet and very friendly.  Always wanting to strike up a conversation. Buying their "food for one".  I often see a steak in those carts.  Live well to the end old man!

The little, old single ladies... oh, that is a very different story.  Most of them are pushy, rude, entitled and down right mean.  I saw no less then 3 ladies ram their carts into others that were in their way.  Many rude comments such as, "This is ridiculous" "Can't you move" "Why is it up so high!" "THESE PRICES".  I guess when you live that long, you feel the right to do and say whatever you want.  I know Grandma got very cranky in her old age, but most of the time we yelled at her for it.  I am already a cranky witch.  I pray that I don't become complacent in my old age.  Not caring what other people think about you is one thing.  Treating people badly is another. 

Grandkids don't let your Grandma's go bad!

1 comment:

Barbara Hart said...

Do not wokrry this Grandma will be good LOL but watch out do it my way or you will be in trouble,that is when I am 90yrs old. now just have fun.