Friday, February 14, 2014

I already shoveled!!

I sit warm and snug in my car as my daughter slides down the huge piles of snow.  I don't do cold, but I'll watch!  We've gotten so much snow lately. That's all anyone is talking about from Maine to Georgia. People who have never seen snow before are getting the whole experience! From a slight dusting in Georgia that shut the entire state down, to the almost 3 feet that we've accumulated here in Jersey with more coming and people still trying to get to work. It's beautiful to look at, but it's exhausting to deal with. By the time you're done shoveling, it's time to shovel again.

I have gotten out of a lot of shoveling duty this year because of my back.  But having a 13 year old and the boys in the basement, is a lot of extra help for John.  Even if it comes with bitching and moaning (mostly from the teenager).  I had them out there today clearing again while he was at work.  Nick was not happy that he had to shovel two days in a row.  OH THE HORROR!!  Tell it to Mother Nature Buddy!

He actually acted like we were torturing him.  Like we had no idea what he was going through.  Yeah, right, cause we've never had to shovel in our lives.  Hey, when I was growing up, we didn't have a man in the house to do this stuff.  We had to do it ourselves.  It would have been us girls out there freezing our butts off!  I'm three times your age.  I've seen a lot more snow then you!  I didn't get out of shoveling until I got married.  Then I could pawn it off on the hubby.  But I always helped.  Even now, when I'm still kind of on some restrictions, I was out there chopping up the ice and helping out.  Just wait kid, you don't get out of doing the dirty, hard work until you have a kid of your own to torture.  That's why we had you!  Hee Hee 

The worst thing about winter is the colds.  My nose and eyes were leaking all day yesterday.  Not like stuffy nose, running.  More like, I stood up and it pored out of my nose and eyes.  So gross.  Nothing else bothered me.  I was just annoyed.  Today, I'm still a little leaky, but not as bad.  But my neck is very sore.  My throat is fine, it's my glands which I believe are quite swollen.  Boo  I go back to work in a few days. Finally after 5 long months!  I'm not about to be too sick to work.  I have some old antibiotics that I'm gonna pop and hope for the best.

Well, more snow tonight, so lets see how much the boy bitches in the morning.  :o)

Back to work on Sunday!  YAY

No comments: