Monday, June 9, 2008

This heat is unbelievable!! How do we go from freezing our asses off to two weeks later about to melt!! It was in the 40's and 50's and this past weekend it was in the upper 90's with heat indexes in the 100's.

We had a good weekend. We had a garage sale and sold... well, hardly anything. But whatever. At least I know what's left in the garage and can start getting rid of it. I set up the little pool for the kids Saturday morning and they spent most of the weekend it in. Calli got a sunburn yesterday. We loaded her up with block, but it didn't seem to help and she refused to go in. We had to force her finally. She's still sleeping this morning, so I guess it hit her. I was so yucky. I took a shower last night, got up this morning and I feel all gross again.

Nick had a game scheduled for yesterday. MY GOD!! I couldn't understand how they expected the kids to play in that heat. We got there, walked to the field and only our team was there. YAY. The other team bailed! We got to go home. I don't think I would have been able to sit through that for two hours in the sun.

Heather had it all together. She brought a cooler filled with juice and water for the kids. Plus a bunch of spray bottles filled with water to mist the kids down. She's so smart. While we waited for the other team the two of us hosed down the kids.

Watching the news right now. As we complain of heat, looks like the midwest is complaining of water. Half the states are flooded. That SUCKS. Oh, and of course gas prices have gone up. Gotta love that. Used to cost us about $40 to fill the van. Now it's about $60-70 That's just insane!! John filled the tank the other day. I refused to look at it. I didn't want to know.

Still haven't gotten my stimulus check, but hoping every day. I'd like to buy some stupid stuff, like ya know... food. Hmmm such a waste of money, but the kids yell when I don't.

Oooh, IHOP commercial. Yummy pancakes!

I have an owee on my head. It itched, I scratched it and it really hurt, now it really itches but hurts lots. What the hell! It's a TUMA!!

Oh and before I forget, had to tell you my sad tale! A couple weeks ago I bought a pot set of kitchen herbs. Calli and I planted them and had a couple little pots that she planted flowers in. They were growing really well. And considering that I kill EVERYTHING I was really excited. I had the herbs outside in the sun one day and John felt that they needed water... so instead of "spritzing" them, he HOSED THEM DOWN!! I went out there and noticed they looked funny. Picked one up and they were freaking FLOATING!! He drowned my plants. WWWAHAHAAAHHH. I tried to pour some of the water out (ending up dumping out one of the plants in the process - saved some of it). They look so pitiful now. They just haven't come back. I can't believe I finally got something to grow and now they're toast. Well, at least it wasn't me that killed them.

Speaking of growing things, I want to plant flowers outside but I don't know what to do or where to do it. Of course where ever I say I want to put stuff, John has a problem with it. SCROOGE! I don't know, I'll figure it out I guess. Although, yesterday I was thinking about it and realized that I would have to be outside in this heat weeding and shit. Uhm... no!

Ahh, now I figured it out. I was watching the local news before and saw a bunch of early school closing. I couldn't figure out why. Now they're saying schools are closing early because of the heat. Uhm... why? Keep the kids inside and there shouldn't be a problem. I guess if they send them home they don't have to keep the air up in the school and will keep from a brown out. I have to pick up Liam today, so I guess I'll have to see if Byram schools are getting out.

Ok, off to get Calli up (8:30 and she's still sleeping). Stay cool folks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course they are letting kids out for the heat. I have never been to a school that had air conditioning in anything but the office and library. Brittnee gets out at 1 today. Have you ever been on the top floor in Lincoln, it is 85 in the winter with the heat off.

Unknown said...

they were out in the sun all day and left out at night when it was still cold they got watered because they were dried out and wilting so the water was not the incriminating factor!!!!!!!!!!!