Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Did you see John's comment yesterday regarding my plants he killed? Yeah, trying to push off the blame. I DON'T THINK SO! It's so sad

WE GOT OUR CHECK!!! The government finally came through. The mortgage companies will be so pleased!!

100-110 heat index today. Arg. The little baby pool just isn't cutting it. We're going to talk to the neighbors. They had one of those big blow up pools with the ring at the top. They used it for one summer and hated taking care of it so they packed it away and never used it again. I can't remember how big it was. John's gonna ask them if they want to sell/give it to us. I need a pool that my fat ass can fit in. Not just go in up to my ankles in the baby pool. And if this week is an indicator of the summer weather to come.... DAMN!!

OK, my time to vent! I'm watching GMA and wanting to jump through the tv and strangle someone. There is an autistic group out there that wants to stop people from finding a cure for autism! Have they lost their minds? They think that instead of "wasting" money on finding a cure, it should be spent on education and services. WTF? Now, I'm not saying that money shouldn't be put into those things, don't get me wrong. Training, classes, education therapies for these kids and us parents is an integral part of helping with this disease. BUT, I think that money needs to go to finding a cure. Whether it be changing the vaccines or doing stem cell research, money needs to be spent.

They were asked if they or their child could take a pill to cure them, would they. They said no. .... BULLSHIT! I live every day with an autistic child. I see the struggles that he goes through. I know what we go through. Let me tell you something, if there was a way that I could take that away and give him an easier life, I'd jump at the chance. Any parent who says otherwise is NOT a good parent or are totally fooling themselves. Any autistic person that says they wouldn't have changed their lives is also lying. It's not that they still can't be productive parts of society. It's that they have to fight tooth and nail to get there. As parents, we all want to make our kids lives easier.

Not to mention the medication. The amount of medication these kids need to take is insane. And it just grows in quantity as they grow. It's never ending. My son has Asperger's Syndrome which is on the far end of the autism spectrum. Which means he is very high functioning. Actually, if you looked at him, you wouldn't know there was anything wrong with him. (Spend the day with him and you'll get it) He needs meds to stay in control, focused, to keep from melting down. He'll need these all through school, just to make it through. As an adult, he will most likely need it to work, have friends, have relationships. To think that you would rather he stay on this crap for his whole life is just crazy.

I know there are people out there who are all about excepting what you're dealt and all that crap, but come on. This is about innocent kids who are put through the ringer for God only knows what reason. I would rather they find a cure so that my grandkids don't succumb to the same fate. So that my kids don't have to go through what John and I have. Every day is a battle. Most people don't know what it takes. Even our friends and family. They don't see the day to day and most of the time they forget that there is a problem. We don't and can't. It's a constant. It's also very hard to distinguish between his autism and him just behaving badly. It's nearly impossible to realize the 90% of his behavior is his AS.

I would give anything for my son to have a "normal" life. To not have to struggle with his own mind and body on a daily basis. If I could take it all away, I would. I would give my own life for him in a heartbeat. How dare these parents and autistic adults try to fight against something that could one day be amazing breakthrews for our kids and future kids.

Ok, vent over. Arg... People make me so mad!!

No comments: