Sunday, June 29, 2008

So, Friday night I had plans to go to a gallery psychic reading in Sparta. I called and reserved my spot and everything. This is for a place that Margaret and I had gone to once before for a class on learning how to use your own psychic powers. It was very cool. They had recently moved to a new location though.

Did you know.... There are TWO psychic places in Sparta. Both on the same road and BOTH having a function on Friday night. Needless to say,... such as my luck, I went to the WRONG ONE! I waited in line and they asked me who I wanted to see. ??? I thought this was a gallery reading. No we're not doing that. Oh.. uhm ok, well anyone I guess. Turned out to be $10 cheaper, but not that good. I wasn't really impressed. I was very disappointed that they weren't doing the gallery reading.

As I went to leave I looked at the sign outside and thought, well now that doesn't sound like the right name. I went and looked at my directions again and realized... well, you know what I realized. So I went looking for the other place and found it. But now I was an hour late and didn't have enough money on me to go in. I did walk up the stairs in hopes that maybe they would let me in at a lower rate seeing as I missed most of it. But it sounded like they were all in one room and she was in the middle of the readings. I didn't want to interrupt, so I left. Very down hearted.

I heard my grandmother yelling at me the entire way home. Telling me I should have looked at the directions closer and not assumed I knew where I was going. Also, she yelled at me because I had stopped for gas and asked the guy where the nearest Dunkin Donuts was and he told me. I didn't find it, because it was further up then I had went, BUT, if I had kept going and found it, it would have been right across from the building I was SUPPOSED to be at. Just wasn't my night I guess.

I was hoping Gram would come through and let me know that my surgery was going to ahead without a hitch.

2 weeks until my surgery. I have to call them tomorrow because I'm supposed to do some class or something before the surgery. I'm really happy that it's the weekend AFTER the Rockaway fireworks, cause as Shelly said in her comment, bring on the yummies!! I am already tasting the clams and the funnel cake. Plus a party at Shell's for Tyler's birthday, so more food. Gotta get it all in now cause in two weeks... NO FOOD. No food at all for at least a week. I'll be on pure liquids until the insides heal and then I can start soft foods.

Ya know, I really thought I was gonna be worried about not eating all the food I normally do, but I honestly.. don't care. It's not like I'll NEVER be able to eat food again. I will, but it will be food that's good for me, not just something to fill me. And my body wont let me get away with eating crap.

Ok, so everyone that has the following size women's clothes, please start packing some up for me... 16, 14, 12, 10, 8 I'm hoping to be a permanent size 6 at some point. HA, we'll see. I'm in an 18/20 now but hope to throw all those away for good. Or give them away.

Have I told you about my poor cats?? They have been trapped under the couch for a week. Our new roomies dog (an old boxer) has been stalking them and not letting them out. The food has been eatin, so I assume they're coming out at night when he's upstairs. Muffin does temp fate and comes out on occasion, but Mocha... she's taken up permanent residence under there. Poor cat. HA

So, my daughter has given me her germs. She had a bad runny nose last week. Friday I woke up with my nose running uncontrollably. Yesterday it got worse and I was up till 3:30 am. I couldn't sleep cause I was totally congested and had a headache. Finally at 3 I gave up and took something. I don't like taking meds, especially sleepy ones, cause they knock me out. John woke me up at 11:30 cause he was gonna kill the kids. LOL But at least he let me sleep some. Today I've just been in a fog, my head weighing about 3,000 pounds. He just ran out to get me some sudafed since the dayquil did nothing. I hate being sick. I'm such a baby. I'm right up there with a guy!

Ok, off to take my meds and try to eat something.

No comments: