Thursday, June 26, 2008

Let the chaos ensue!

The brood moved in on Monday. Since then, we have been soooo busy that none of us has had time to put anything away. There are bins of things everywhere. They also brought a ton of food that I haven't had time to find places for. I need to reorganize everything.

So far, all has been fine. We barely even see them. Heather leaves for work at the crack of dawn and takes Cameron with her. I get up and get Calli, Nick and Liam breakfast. Get Calli off to school and then Kelly is usually off to work or where ever and takes Liam with her. They all don't come back till after 8. They're still on the run trying to get things done so I'm sure that will change. But, the kids get along well, if a bit rambunctious.

The animals on the other hand still need a bit of work. Jameson (their boxer) is very old and not quite up to dealing with young peppy animals. Kelly said he's never been around cats and it shows. He keeps sniffing at them and they just hiss and swat him. He'll learn. We're keeping him and Maggie separated right now until John has time to sit with them and make sure they don't try to kill each other.

1 week down... 8 more to go. LOL So far, so good.

Been really busy at work. My 8 hour work week has gotten up to about 40. I kept asking for work, now that I have it... yeah, I liked it better when I didn't have to work and could clean my house and do stuff with the kids. Some day. I'll win the lottery. At least I'm home with the kids.

Speaking of them... Calli is now fully healed from her tonsillectomy. Although, she's talking through her nose, which is really annoying. Hopefully that goes away. And the mouse has returned. When she was born, she was so premature that her lungs weren't fully developed and when she cried, she squeaked like a mouse. Now that she's all healed, her real voice has come through. It's so high, it funny.

John got bit by something the other day. He's got a tiny little spot the right side of his elbow. But the whole inside of his arm is all swollen. It's bright red and hot to the touch. And it aches to the bone he said. It's not looking to good. He took some benydryl today and it went down a little, but it's still really red. We're gonna have to keep an eye on it. I really don't want to have to take him to the hospital.

Ok, I'm tired of looking at this computer. I have a bunch more to say, but ... not right now. Off to make dinner.

No comments: