Monday, May 5, 2008

I've been thinking (I know, the smoke coming from my ears is making me cough)... Shelly was talking about a job opportunity that could take them to AZ. At first I thought that was totally cool, then realized she would be 3,000 miles away. I don't know if I could handle that. So of course I had to start looking at real estate out there.

Side thought - Kelly Rippa needs a boob job!

Ok, back to my previous thought. So, in looking at real estate, I realized that with my new job I can move anywhere. I can pick any state at all. But then you have all kinds of choices to make. There's really not a lot of good places to go. Here's the run down.

North East - Way to freaking cold and too expensive
North West - Also expensive and rains all the freaking time when it's not cold
Northern Mid states - Can we say Nanook of the North. I don't want to live in a parka 360 days a year.
Mid West - AUNTIE EM AUNTIE EM
East Coast - Although they have lovely weather, it's really far away and it's expensive. Not to mention the raging fires.
South East - This is a lovely area - From NC - FL. They have great weather all year and cheap prices BUT - HURRICANES
Southern Mid States - Also beautiful weather and good prices but again, Can we say Hurricane Katrina??
Alaska - Back to the Nanook thing.
Hawaii - I would LOVE to live in Hawaii but that is REALLY far and you have Volcanos.

It seems the only place to go is South West. Arizona, New Mexico and Western Texas. Those are the only three states that you don't here about any crazy "acts of God". They are always warm. And it's a DRY HEAT!! There prices are reasonable too.

Luckily I joined a baby board when I was pregnant with Calli and now I basically have a friend in every state! I could go anywhere and not be alone. I hate to leave my Mommy, but I really want to get out of NJ. I would love to go to Georgia and live in one of those big Antebellum homes. But Hurricanes. Val wants me to move to Mississippi. Hurricanes again, but you can go north of the state. Hmmm.

Side note - John Goodman looks HORRIBLE. I wish he would have the gastric or something. He looks so ill. He's been overweight for so long and it's killing him. He's such a great actor, it'll be a shame to loose him.

I wish we could just move every two years. Live in every state and then pick one. (Of course skipping all the northern states! No offense to those of you that live up there, but if I'm gonna move, it better be someplace warm!

I think everyone in other states needs to start taking pictures of where they live and get all the stats together for me. Like house prices, schools, crime rate, that kinda thing. It'll help me decide.

Stupid Law - Hmm, maybe I wont move to Arizona - When being attacked by a criminal or burglar, you may only protect yourself with the same weapon that the other person posseses. *** Oh, wait, you have a pipe, crap.. can you come back later? I don't have a pipe around.. Oh unless maybe .. do you have a knife? I know I have a knife in the kitchen! Or maybe you can just borrow one of mine! That'll work.

Today's Did You Know: Here's a list of the crazy amounts of rain from around the state:
Although we always consider Seattle to be the rainiest they actually rank 44th among US cities for rainfall with an average yearly rainfall of 36.2 inches (92 cm).
145 inches (368 cm) in the Hoh Rain Forest (part of Olympic National Park in Washington State),
129 inches (327cm) in Hilo,
65 inches (165 cm) in Mobile,
60 inches (152 cm) in New Orleans,
58 inches (147 cm) in Miami,
49 inches (124 cm) in Atlanta,
45 inches (114 cm) in Houston,
44 inches (112 cm) in Boston,
40.3 inches (102 cm) in New York City,
39 inches (99 cm) in Washington, D.C.,
34.5 inches (88 cm) in Chicago,
19.5 inches (50 cm) in San Francisco,
15 inches (38 cm) in Sequim (on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State,
12 inches (30 cm) in Los Angeles
4 inches (10 cm) in Las Vegas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arizona has those poison snakes and scorpions, spelled wrong they bite you die, sorry for that info

Anonymous said...

also Arizona is having a problem supplying water to the people that live there. There is too many people moving in and not enough water coming in....I just heard this too ironically.