Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Shelly and I tried to play Mario Kart over the phone last night but her Wii kept disconnecting. Arg. It was cool though to be able to play with her even though we were in our respective homes.

Now that I've been home for a while, I see a lot of the commercials for soap operas. I remember growing up watching them every day. My Great Aunt Anna would confiscate the tv from 10 - 2pm We were very into all these shows growing up. Now I wonder... WHY?? These shows are insane. I can't believe people actually watch them religiously. The promo's are hysterical. The people coming back from the dead, the trauma of my sister's, sons, friends, mother's boyfriends, brother is really my cousins, father's, sister's husband. AAAHHHH OMG!!! THE HORROR!! There are so many people that watch these (my sister included) but ... I just don't get it.

Speaking of sisters... My other sister lives in Palm Bay, FL. I turned on the tv this morning and hear that some asshole has set half the freaking town on fire! WTF? So now I'm waiting till mom gets to work to get Andrea's number and call her to make sure she's not in that area. I live in my little world up here. I try not to get involved in the rest of the families crap, I have too much of my own to deal with. Since Ann always has crap going on, I don't talk to her that much. Hence, no phone number. Cross your fingers and say your prayers that this hasn't hit her.

Going camping again this year for Memorial Day weekend. It's been a tradition since... Well, since before Nick was born. It's basically our only vacation. Not that it's much of a vacation. Still have to do all the cooking and cleaning and running here and there. But, it's fun. We go to the same campground that we went to as little kids which is kinda cool. It's a long drive (about 2 hours) but worth it. We swim (when it's warm enough), play in the huge playground, arcade games and pool in the game room, DUTCHO!!! My personal favorite (it's bingo), matchbox derbies, the demolition derby (which Nick always calls the dalmatian derby), rodeo, and last but not least... My Favorite Ice Cream.

When we camped here as little kids my Mom would take us to an ice cream shop that was down the road a bit. This place had all homemade ice cream and my favorite was this "Holy Crap, That's a Lot of Peanut Butter" ice cream. (My name, not theirs). When we went back to this campground 10-15 years later, I hunted down that ice cream parlor and they STILL HAD IT!! Now every year it has become a tradition to make a trip to get my ice cream. We have also started to buy gallons of it, packing it in ice and taking it home. It goes in the freezer and has an invisible DO NOT TOUCH sign on it. It is MINE, I DON'T SHARE!! MINE MINE MINE MINE

Calli's playing her game at the other computer and she keeps singing. I keep trying to get it on tape, but she keeps catching me and stopping. She sings all the time. Makes up little songs and just goes with it. If I ever catch one, I'll share.

Today's Stupid Laws: We camp in PA, so here's on for them: Fireworks stores may not sell fireworks to Pennsylvania residents. ***A lot of us knew this one, but it still cracks me up. You can't buy it if you live there, but us folks from Jersey can drive over the boarder and buy them. Basically the government says "Let them dumb ass's blow themselves up, not our people"

I have to mention that most of the stupid laws for PA had to do with Drinking, Fishing and Bingo. Kinda tell ya what the state is all about. HA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE peanut butter ice cream with hot fudge!!!! You HAVE to let me try your ice cream!!! I can see the invisible sign, it says "Mine and Shell's DO NOT TOUCH!"