Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Over 5,000 hits to this Blog. What I want is for everyone who reads this to email me at flutterbyheaven@gmail.com. I am somehow racking up over 200 hits a day. Who the hell are you people??? I am still in shock that any of you are reading it at all!! That's just insane! All of you people have issues.

Besides that... let's see. Nick had his third game today. They WON!! YEAH BABY! So now they are 2-1 for the season. That's pretty good considering most of them think they're playing football not baseball. The ball gets hit to left field and you watch as the kids from right, center short stop, second and third. And woe is the child that gets to it first because he is tackled for it. Luckily the rule is that the kids can only go one base. Otherwise, by the time they finish fighting over who's gonna get to throw in the ball, every single hit would be a home run. They called the game at the end of the fifth inning tonight. Thank God. Hell 2 and 1/4 hours to do 5 innings... yeah, that's enough.

What to talk about. Oh, our roommates for the summer are a definite. Now I just have to clean out that play room At least this is forcing me to do it now. I wont be able to put it off anymore. I think the kids will love sleeping up there. Well, I don't know how much sleep they'll actually get, 3 boys, ages 7, 7 and 5. Hmm. Yeah, no.

Oh, ok, here's a good one. My friend Amanda lives in NC. She called me one morning on our way to work a few years ago. We were chatting as she pulled into a drive-thru to get breakfast. She was at a Chic-Fillet. Now, we don't have those up here. Being boring Northern folks. Hell, we're so far north we don't even have a Sonic up here.

Anyway... she pulls into the drive-thru and orders a chicken biscuit and a sweet tea. I said.. WHAT?? What the hell are you eating? She explains that she has ordered a "chicken biscuit" which is a breaded and fried piece of chicken on a bisquit and a Sweet Tea which is highly sweetened brewed tea. I could not get over the fact that she was eating fried chicken for breakfast!! She was shocked that we didn't have it up here. I said, NO, we eat chicken for LUNCH. She said, so do we. I said what you're eating now is LUNCH not Breakfast. She said no it was breakfast because (get this) it was on a BISCUIT!! HA Well, that makes all the difference. I just couldn't get over that and would laugh whenever I thought of it.

So, to get to my point... guess what McDonald's is serving now... You got it, chicken on a biscuit and sweet tea. I bow to the mass and admit when I'm wrong. I guess fried chicken is breakfast food as long as it's on a biscuit. Silly me has been eating eggs all this time. What was I thinking!!

Stupid Laws - Ok, for good ole' Amanda, we'll do a NC one: 1. It’s against the law to sing off key. ***Sorry Mom, no NC for you. Actually, being dead center of the bible belt, some of their laws are pretty prudish. Some added fun - 2. While having sex, you must stay in the missionary position and have the shades pulled. 3. Oral sex is considered a crime against nature. *** That's it, I'm definitely not living there!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umm, you're really having extra people live with you? Are you nuts? I'm offended, I don't even know these people and you were supposed to be mine this summer!

Amanda said...

Ha Ha Ha! I remember that day! I was driving to High Point for Furniture market! That was a funny convo! LOL! I'm so glad that McDonalds is expanding their southern menu NORTH! Love & miss you BUNCHES! Oh, and the laws.... guess I've broken ALL of them!;)

Mira said...

OMG I so totally think it should be illegal to sing off key. Las Crusces NM is supposed to be lovely and it's only a 10 hour drive from me :) Mom is back in your neck of the woods. She just had her surgery. Give her a hug for me. Did you get the photo? I love you. Things are a bit insane here.