Friday, May 16, 2008

The Funny Things Kids Say

Shelly and I were talking about the funny things our kids say.

We were in the car the other day and past a place that sells rocking chairs. Calli said, "Mamma, you're gonna get old and have a rocking chair, and Daddy's gonna die and go to Heaven and become a kitty cat and get stuck in a tree." I just look at John and was like... uhm, sorry John. Bad news. HA LOL

Tyler (Shelly's son) was at school and the teacher was telling them about cows. How we get milk from the udders. Tyler (little smarty pants that he is) says, "Where do the burgers come out of". ROFL

Brittnee (Shell's daughter) was in the car and they drove past a factory that had smoke coming out of the tall pipes. Brit says "Oh, so that's where clouds are made!" Too Cute

My kids say stuff all the time, but of course, I can't remember any of it. I'm gonna start writing it down and sharing with you.

Nick is now behind a few games due to rain. Which sucks cause now he has a game tonight, Wednesday and Saturday. Make up time!

Side note: - Gordan Ramsey has a new cook book out - Fast Food - I want it. It looks really good.

We're going to miss Saturday's game because we'll be camping. John and I were looking up things to do while we're there. Well, hmm, not much to do out in the middle of the sticks. Everything to do is like an hour away. I guess it'll depend on how board we get. They have a lot of stuff going on that weekend that we always do. Like garage sales at each campsite, a match box derby race, DUTCHO (my personal favorite), helicopter rides (which we haven't done yet, we'll have to see how much it is, I'm sure Nick would LOVE that), plus they have an arcade, a really cool playground, RC car race track, and mini golf. Plus the pool, but I don't think it'll be warm enough for that.

There's an amusement park about an hour away, and a train ride. I'd like to take a ride through Amish country. Give the kids a little perspective on all the things they have. Maybe threaten to leave them there to plow the fields!! Ahh, if only in my dreams.

Actually, I think it would be a good idea for the Amish to offer that to parents. Like, when the kid is in their sophomore or junior year, they spend a year in the Amish country. Living just like them down to the way they dress. Have them work in the fields, do schooling, make their own food and clothes. All the stuff the other kids do. Give them a good sense of what they have and realize that even if they don't get everything they want, they're still spoiled. Hmm, I'll have to look into that.

Ok, I'm off to finish laundry so I can start packing for the weekend. I hate packing. I always pack too much and ALWAYS forget something.

Dang, I'm cold. I need to start a fire first. Later Gaters.

Stupid Law for the day: Here's one from Georgia - It is illegal to use profanity in front of a dead body which lies in a funeral home or in a coroners office. *** So saying, Oh Shit, your dead... not so much?

No comments: