Thursday, September 4, 2008

OMG, I soooo did not want to get out of bed this morning. My alarm went off, and off and off... lol, but I got up to get Nick off to school. This past week he has been sleeping in. I'm gonna have to go buy him a cheap alarm clock cause he's a bear to wake up in the morning. It's so much easier if he's up playing the Wii when I get up cause then I can just get him moving. Otherwise I'm dragging him out of bed.

After getting him out the door I debated about whether to stay up or go back to sleep.... sleep won out. Calli crawled in with me at about 8 and I turned on Disney for her. She let me sleep till almost 10. Of course then I felt even more tired. The thought of going to work out was horrible. I thought about calling Lea and telling her I wasn't coming. BUT, I toughed it out and went anyway.

APPLAUSE TO ME!! Come on people, I want to hear some major ooo's and aahhh's. I did an ENTIRE WEEK of work outs. You should all be very proud of me.

My major thing to talk about today is that I got the new Jenny McCarthy book "Mother Warriors". It talks about her battle with her son's autism and has a bunch of other stories from parents. She is a huge believer in the vaccines causing autism. As I read through the book I was shocked at all the similarities. Not just in the autism characteristics, but in WHEN they became evident. Also that these kids (not all of them, but a good amount) can recover with the proper diet and vitamin supplements. WITHOUT MEDICATION.

One of the biggest eye openers was that a B 12 deficiency can cause a lot of the outburst behavior in autistic kids. I have a B12 deficiency and so does my niece, so much so that she has to have the shots for it. There are a bazillion tests you can do to find out what they are deficient on and what toxins and metals they are high on. And all of these things can be fixed.

They have these doctors called DAN! doctors (Defeat Autism Now) that only treat biomedically (no drugs). There is one in Hackettstown and I'm going to try to get in to see her. The biggest problem... insurance doesn't cover autism. How STUPID is that. They cover Nick's doctor's appointments and meds but that is because he also has ADHD and OCD. They wont cover speech therapy, occupational therapy, or group therapy. Thankfully his school offers all of this for free as part of their program. They most likely won't cover a DAN! doctor. But it's worth a shot.

Jenny is going to be on Ellen today, which starts now, so I'm gonna go watch it. I have more to tell you about the mercury in the vaccines and getting them while your kid was sick. Tomorrow.

No comments: