Monday, July 7, 2008

Don't cry for me Argentina

Ok, that last post was not meant to make anyone feel bad or to pity me. It was just random thoughts in my head that were bothering me.

BUT, I did get lots of great advice. Laura, that meetup.com is really cool. I might just sign up for a few of them. And Aunt Irene, I love you! Susanna... ya know what girl... I miss you so much.

I just all of a sudden realized that we were kind of out of the loop. I just felt like one of those outside of the group people that everyone says, Eah, we don't need to invite her. I started thinking about parties and things I have planned and how trying to get people to come was like pulling teeth. Everyone who knows me at all, knows that I have the self esteem of a dust ball. Little things become huge in my twisted mind. That's just me. Never fear. Luckily my memory is that of a dust ball too. I wont remember any of this tomorrow.

I'll get over it. I know. But every once in a while, I need to have a self pity party for one. At least I know I'll show up. HA LOL ROFL hee hee hee. I crack me up.

Damn, my house smells. Arg. Smells like dirty, wet dog. Their dog keeps laying on the couch and he's stinky. Thank God the cleaning lady is here. They'll clean up everything else and then I'm gonna strip the slip covers and wash them. Hopefully that will help. Otherwise, candles, here I come.

There are advantages to having our house mates. Kelly is a photographer at the Picture People. She had me bring the kids in yesterday for a photo shoot. She did an amazing job. I scanned these in, so they don't look as great as they really do. They're really bright so you can't see Calli's wings in most of them, but you'll still love them. And can I tell you the deal I got? OMG!! Let's just say, it's good to know people!!

Enjoy my beautiful princess and my little prince who ain't so little anymore. Mom, don't bother printing them. I have copies for you.

















And my All Time Favorite:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First thing's first - those pictures of the kids are AWESOME!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!!

You know, Kaylene, referencing yesterday's post: you present such a strong, self-sufficient face that I don't think people realize that you are affected like you are by other people's actions (or thoughtlessness). Those of us who know you well KNOW that your heart is *HUGE* and tender beneath that "this is who I am, take me or leave me" exterior. I absolutely adore that strength about you.

You SEEM self-assured, on top of it all, able to DO it all. Sometimes we need to be reminded that you don't FEEL that way.

I think it took enormous cajones to put your feelings out there - it puts everyone on notice that we need to remember that you are so much more than our perception of you as a woman who can handle it all.

You are an amazing woman who blesses the lives of everyone you touch. I know *I* treasure you as my friend, and would never want to loose you.

Put yourself up on a pedestal, Kaylene - you deserve to be there.

All my love - Margaret